Upgrade Question

I'm not sure how this works. There is a free upgrade for my booked cruise. I logged in to Carnival and used DP3 for my booking and found 8B to 8D for 919.00 per person. I had originally chosen 8B for 949.00 per person. My question is would I be upgraded from the 8B to the 8D plus get the 30 per person refunded? I am the past guest so would it only apply to me? Also I had tried calling Carnival before about this and they told me it was only on new bookings. Is this accurate or am I entitled?

I would call them back and speak to someone else. I have gotten the free upgrades several times. Also, it does look like you would get the $30 per person. If you have paid in full, it will be an onboard credit. If not, it will come off your total price. Don't wait any longer. Call and get that $$$ and upgrade. Also, look at the deck plan to see which cabins are available so you can choose the one you want.

I just looked at your sailing. For the same price you paid, you could go to the panorama deck which is above the lido. We absolutely LOVE this deck. 1057 is available. There are no rooms directly across from you. You are on a cabin only deck, very quiet, no traffic. So close to the pool and buffett. Walk out the door and down a few steps and there is the pool. Look into that.

Your other option is the lido deck which is where the pool is so it too would be convenient although probably a lot noisier.

Let us know what you decide on.

gypsy since you looked at the booking, maybe you can help me understand. I had already said in another post that I ended up getting $160 drop. Now I don't understand how she came up with that if I had booked in the 8B catagory in the first place. When I looked on the site it was $30pp difference less for an upgrade from 8B to 8D. She said why would you want to do that when you are on the Empress mid ship, great deck and the price drop would be $80pp to stay there. Why did she use the price for the 8A to 8C if I was originally on 8B? I thought the price drop only applied to your deck that you originally booked. If there is a price drop in the lowest balcony, I get that price? I am thrilled, don't get me wrong. Just trying to understand the process so I know what to look for next time. Just confused. Thanks

Archived