L.A. Hotel

LaPaloma

We are booked on the Silver Shadow L.A. to L.A. departing Nov. 9th. We have a short trip to get to L.A. from Tucson, but have decided to travel to L.A. the night prior to departure. Apparently the ship will be docked at the San Pedro pier. Anybody have any good hotel recomadations for a place to stay somewhere reasonably close to the docks? Thanks Don

Lynn and I are on this cruise as well. We have decided to drive from Phoenix rather than go to LAX by air. Even with parking( supposed to be very secure ) at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro it's much cheaper and definitely more convenient and relaxing. We plan to leave Phoenix @ 0600 and should be to the port between noon and 1300 with the hour time difference at that time of year. We're doing early boarding ( the ship doesn't leave till 1900 ). There really are no good hotels in the San Pedro area( we lived in Orange County before moving to AZ and I worked for Boeing at Long Beach ). Since you're in Tucson, you might want to try the same thing. Just my humble opinion. After two trips by air in the last month to Dallas and Orlando I don't relish air travel unless it's absolutely necessary. It will be next March for our Crystal Symphony cruise to Hong Kong, but we're not looking forward to it.

Glad to hear you will be on board. We will fly--good old Southwest--it's only about 45 minute flight. So far we have had good luck on Southwest--wouldn't want to take a long flight on them--but on short stuff they have been good, and they do serve peanuts!!! We are also planning to board early. We may wait till morning to fly over--the plane overnights in Tucson, so it should be on time--we also have two backups. Looking forward to the cruise--we took one with a similar itinerary a few years ago--it was a good one! Don

Archived