How long from NOLA to the Gulf?

MESPal

We are trying to figure out the time it will take the Fantasy to reach the Gulf from the time we set sail. Some of my party want to stay up and enjoy the moment (even though it will be very dark).

Anyone know a time or about how long from setting sail?

Thanks,

Missy

We are trying to figure out the time it will take the Fantasy to reach the Gulf from the time we set sail. Some of my party want to stay up and enjoy the moment (even though it will be very dark).

Thanks,

Missy

Bettin' they won't make it... It's about nine hours...

:D

The Gulf is about 50 mi. down river from NOLA so it kinda becomes a function of what speed (or more correctly lack of speed...) they make in the river...

You're right... it's DARK out there in the Delta!!!

:)

It was around midnight when the boat to pick up the river pilot pulled up to the ship. I don't know if you can really tell when you reach the Gulf, other than seeing the pilot boat. As others mentioned, it's really dark.

We hoped to be on deck when we returned, as it was still daylight, but I don't know if we were or not. It's really hard to tell - there's not really a "grand entrance" to the Mississippi that you can see. You start seeing more and more oil rigs, but I never saw anything like what I imagined the mouth of the Mississippi would look like. I knew it would be wide, but I guess it's much wider than I thought.

Enjoy your cruise - and stay on deck as you travel downriver. There's lots of things to see!

We got to the gulf around 11:00 pm, it was dark and you couldn't tell except for all the movement, did I mention all the movement!

We were on our balcony after the show on the last night I guess around 10:00 and that's when we noticed that we were back on the river. The oil rigs are a dead giveaway.

I can remember it being about 8 or 9 hours. I know we left way before early dinner and we watched the ship enter the gulf after midnight.

I know it was very rough when we entered. I thought for sure the pilot was going in. It took him about 30 minutes to get off the ship onto the pilot boat. It seemed like the water was moving from 30 different directions. We really didn't feel it on the ship but just watching the water you could tell.

Thanks,

Missy

just got back two weeks ago. It was dark but you could see all the fires from the oil rigs. we hit the gulf about 11pm. slow ride down the river!! but it nice seeing you hit the gulf. just enjoy the shows and dinner han just head up to the decks when you can

Archived