Debarkation from Carnival Freedom at Civitavecchia

ozziemac

Hi there,

Just wanting some advice from those who have gone before us about the debarkation procedure from Civitavecchia. We need to catch a train from Civitavecchia to Salerno at around 10.00am and were wondering if we are likely to have any trouble making this connection because debarkation is slow or complicated. We are on Riveria deck, so I guess this means we'll be the last off the boat.

Also, does it make it any quicker if you carry your own luggage off and through customs, rather than leave it out the night before for checking and handling by boat crew.

Hints and tips appreciated.

:)

There is no Customs/immigration there. When I debarked/flew home, I went through Customs at my airport in the USA. Self-debark usually begins no later than 7am....and often earlier

Hi there,

Just wanting some advice from those who have gone before us about the debarkation procedure from Civitavecchia. Also, does it make it any quicker if you carry your own luggage off and through customs, rather than leave it out the night before for checking and handling by boat crew.

If you want to leave the ship early after the cruise goes to Civ., you need to go to the Information Desk on the ship and register for the

"SELF ASSIST EARLY DEBARKATION PROGRAM. This will get you off the ship in the first group. You need to be able to carry all your luggage off by yourself and you would keep it with you the night before.

They estimate if you do it this way you could be through customs between 8:30-9:00am.

I recently did the TA from Miami to Italy and was off by 7:30 am. (I did not do self assist) Remember this is a huge ship and there will many people. If you are taking more than one modest size suitcase and carry-on, you will not get on the train. They are packed and many people are standing. I had a 25 in. and back pack and even that would have been a challange to get on the morning train. I travel light, but that is not light for the Europeans. Please secure your money and passports in a money belt. Italy is known for pickpockets and a train in an ideal spot to loose your valuables.

They estimate if you do it this way you could be through customs between 8:30-9:00am.

I recently did the TA from Miami to Italy and was off by 7:30 am. (I did not do self assist) Remember this is a huge ship and there will many people. If you are taking more than one modest size suitcase and carry-on, you will not get on the train. They are packed and many people are standing. I had a 25 in. and back pack and even that would have been a challange to get on the morning train. I travel light, but that is not light for the Europeans. Please secure your money and passports in a money belt. Italy is known for pickpockets and a train in an ideal spot to loose your valuables.

Thank you joybaby. I'm concerned about what you said with getting on the train with luggage. We are thinking of booking first class tickets on the Eurostar, will we still have difficulty do you think?

Thank you joybaby. I'm concerned about what you said with getting on the train with luggage. We are thinking of booking first class tickets on the Eurostar, will we still have difficulty do you think?

I don't know what the Eurostar is. I only know you must travel Euorpean 'light' to do the train in Italy. I know my 25 in, would have been the max. Most Europeans travel w/ back packs. If you have more luggage, perhaps you should look at another source.

I don't know what the Eurostar is. I only know you must travel Euorpean 'light' to do the train in Italy. I know my 25 in, would have been the max. Most Europeans travel w/ back packs. If you have more luggage, perhaps you should look at another source.

Thanks again joybaby.

Archived