On Board Credit

sunnidayz

Three cheers for customer service of Carnival (probably don't hear that enough).

Let me give the backstory:

I've been on 6 Carnival cruises, DH on 8. Our last cruise in May on the Glory was probably our favorite. However, this was the one cruise where we felt like we had a legitimate complaint to verbalize. DH did the "bottom fishing" excursion in Freeport. When he came back, he was extremely disappointed, and also dehydrated (he pretty much felt horrible until the next morning). Apparently, the "water included" was to be found as melted ice in the bottom of a cooler. He had brought his own bottle, but it didn't last. DH fishes a good bit, and found that the Captain really didn't know where the fish were, and wasn't very helpful. Also, the trip left about 40 minutes late. So, down to the excursion desk he went to share his experience with the ship. He did not request to be reimbursed for the excursion, he just wanted to share what he felt was a bad experience with the ship staff. But, while speaking with the manager, he was rudely cut off with the manager stating that "that's not how it happened". Basically, DH got the major brush off and a horrible "we're sorry" letter that didn't even spell his name correctly.

When we got back, DH called Carnival to share his experience with the shore excursion manager and the tour itself with customer service. He spoke with a couple of reps and ended up with a 35$ credit. Yesterday, he got a call back from a "higher up" who asked him to explain what happened again. She gave him a $200 OBC for our next cruise and her sincerest apologies. In this day and age of noone taking responsibility for their own actions, I salute that Carnival employee who stepped up the plate, and made a repeat customer feel like they mattered.

We cruise again on Carnival Victory in October (without the kids;) ), and will put the credit to good use!

A

On board tour excursion manager on the Conquest (2005) did the same brush

off as your DH experience.

We had a bad experience with one of carnival sponsored tours and they

did not even want to hear our story. Unfortunately I did not follow up

with a letter. That was the last tour I have did on carnival. I learn then

to make sure our tours are booked ahead of time with private tours

companies.

Archived