Help-Name of Hotel Rockies Land Tour

Could anyone out there please help me find out the name of the hotel RCL will be using for their Rockies landtour on the night of June 16th.I have booked this landtour and Alaska cruise in April 2007.We are flying to Calgary then doing the 5 day land tour and then the 7 day cruise on Serenade of the Seas departing Vancouver 21st June.I have all my documents and am ready to go,can't wait.However I have one problem,we have decided to fly out to Calgary[flights arranged by RCL] on the 14th June so we can see a little of this city before the landtour starts,I thought RCL would have put a note with our tickets telling us to check in at their chosen hotel on the 16th June,but they have not done this and the tickets do not identify the name of the hotel on that first night.I have contacted my TA who said we should go to the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.I phoned them but they say they have not got a booking.I get back to the TA who contact RCL again and I am now told to go to the Marriott Hotel.I phone them but they have no bookings by RCL for June 16th.I phone RCL and they state they are sorry they made a mistake it is NOT the Marriott but they will try and find out tomorrow.I am leaving home on June 11th to see family before departing from Heathrow to Calgary on June 14th,I now have visions of wandering around all hotels in Calgary looking for the Hotel that RCL have booked for their clients doing the Rocky landtour.Anyone know how to resolve this problem as I am not trusting my TA or RCL [uK]

I have contacted my TA who said we should go to the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.I phoned them but they say they have not got a booking.Anyone know how to resolve this problem as I am not trusting my TA or RCL [uK]

It appears that your TA is correct with the Fairmont Palliser Hotel. The hotel will actually not receive the manifest from RC until somewhere between 3 days to a week prior to guests arriving. This is how the cruisetour department operates. Double check with your TA and RC closer to the date, but I hope this info helps.

Enjoy the Rockies tour and your cruise on the beautiful 'Serenade of the Seas'!

Thank you so much for your response.You are correct it is the Fairmont Palliser Hotel.I contacted Rocky Mountaineer Vacations and they confirmed our names and that the Hotel was indeed the Fairmont Palliser.RCL[uK] are still trying to convince me that it is the Marriott Hotel.I really should not have to be making phone calls to Canada to verify our booking,I think RCL have handled this situation very poorly.At least I have peace of mind now and am looking forward to a wonderful holiday.

Archived