Age Demographic FO

goody1

My wife and I are cruising this August with Azamara Cruises, however we have seen 2 cruises with FO next summer that we really fancy. Can anyone give an average age of your typical FO cruiser and do they actively welcome children during the holiday season.

My wife and I are cruising this August with Azamara Cruises, however we have seen 2 cruises with FO next summer that we really fancy. Can anyone give an average age of your typical FO cruiser and do they actively welcome children during the holiday season.

Avarage age is 55 plus we have just returned and just turned 50 there were however a handful of younger couples on board and a handful of children. a couple of young ones, and two teenagers about 15yrs who roamed about the decks each night looking extreamly bored.

I myself would not recomend taking children on a FO cruise as entertainment for them is limited. Of course young children will be happy with the pools, if they can get in for the older clientel, but teenagers I feel would soon become bored. Although FO is trying to attract a younger cllientel I am afraid at the moment it is still a typicle traditional British cruise line attracting an older clientel.

I would recomend RCCL, Celebrity, who have got childrens entertainment down to a fine art.

We're sailing on Black Watch at the end of July with our 4yo so we'll report back on our return.

On our previous BW sailing we were younger than average (we're mid 30s) but we never felt it was a problem, we go for the destinations, the ship and each other. The children we saw then were all around the 2-6 age range.

hth

Thanks very much for the replies. I think I have been a bit misleading in my post. The reason I asked about children on board is that we would prefer a cruise without hordes of kids running about, in that respect I think FO would suit us fine.

Archived