Imagination-Does it rock alot????

red1der1

I will be on the Imagination in Oct and wanted to know, does this ship rock a lot?? I know weather and seas help or cause the swaying so no ship will ever not rock. But I was on the Celebration last Nov and was sick 3 out of 5 nights. This ship rocked a lot!! Now I have cruised before and was never sick in the past, even during storms!! I am guessing it was just because the Celebration was an older ship. All I want to know is should I expect it to be similar than the Celebration providing good weather or should it be better since the imagination in newer? I will have the patch this time too!! Thanks so much!!!

I will be on the Imagination in Oct and wanted to know, does this ship rock a lot?? I know weather and seas help or cause the swaying so no ship will ever not rock. But I was on the Celebration last Nov and was sick 3 out of 5 nights. This ship rocked a lot!! Now I have cruised before and was never sick in the past, even during storms!! I am guessing it was just because the Celebration was an older ship. All I want to know is should I expect it to be similar than the Celebration providing good weather or should it be better since the imagination in newer? I will have the patch this time too!! Thanks so much!!!

All of the Carnival ships I have been on I dont feel any rock more than others. The worst was the carnival Triumph. Thats a big ship and we just hit bad weather. Try a mid-ship cabin no higher than Empress deck. It works everytime for me. I always feel you get the best ride there if you hit bad weather.

All of Carnival ships have the latest stabilizer technology. How much motion you feel is based on almost limitless conditions. The size of the ship, where your cabin is located, sea conditions, weather conditions - not only where the ship is, but the surrounding Caribbean area.

Try to select a cabin amidships and on a lower deck. The closer you can get to that positioning, the less motion you will feel.

There is simply no guarantee that the seas will be calm at any given moment, anytime. Even the phases of the moon effect the oceans. Just know that Carnival doesn't want a ship full of sick people and the Captain will do all he can to avoid rough or cross-current seas. It simply isn't possible to do all the time.

Take a good sea-sick formula. If you feel queasy, don't go to your cabin and lay down....that's the worst thing to do. Try to stay out on deck.....look at the horizon (which isn't moving), practice controlled breathing. Fresh air and a nonmoving horizon will help.. Going to bed only increases the feeling of motion.

I jsut got off the Imagination on Monday 06/02/08. It rocked a WHOLE lot on our second day. But only because the water was really rough. Everyone was holding on to the walls! The rocking actually woke me up.

anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor in the thread (which was here about a month ago, i think), that corporate advised the captains to lay off of the stabilizers to conserve fuel?

I read somewhere that they don't like to use stabilizers as much cause they slow the ships down. And if they are trying to make up time at all, they won't use them at all. Anyone heard of this too???

I actually requested my room in the Rivera deck in the center. I made sure we have a window too in case I need to check out the horizon so I can just peak outside. I just figured the sickness I felt was due to the old ship. Hopefully, I won't fell it on this next one.

anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor in the thread (which was here about a month ago, i think), that corporate advised the captains to lay off of the stabilizers to conserve fuel?

All you have to do is on meet the Capt. night is slip him a $20.00 and ask him to use the stabilizers

All of Carnival ships have the latest stabilizer technology. How much motion you feel is based on almost limitless conditions. The size of the ship' date=' where your cabin is located, sea conditions, weather conditions - not only where the ship is, but the surrounding Caribbean area.

[b']Try to select a cabin amidships and on a lower deck. The closer you can get to that positioning, the less motion you will feel.[/b]

There is simply no guarantee that the seas will be calm at any given moment, anytime. Even the phases of the moon effect the oceans. Just know that Carnival doesn't want a ship full of sick people and the Captain will do all he can to avoid rough or cross-current seas. It simply isn't possible to do all the time.

Take a good sea-sick formula. If you feel queasy, don't go to your cabin and lay down....that's the worst thing to do. Try to stay out on deck.....look at the horizon (which isn't moving), practice controlled breathing. Fresh air and a nonmoving horizon will help.. Going to bed only increases the feeling of motion.

If this is the case, then why get a midship cabin?

With the exception of Cunard's Queen, EVERY CRUISE SHIP HULL is built essentially the same. All cruise ships of every line "rock" in direct proportion to the size of the oceans swells. NO CRUISE SHIP "rocks" in relatively calm waters. To say that one ship rocks while another does not in the same seas is to say that the "rocking" ship is inherentally unbalanced. And that's silly.

"Rocking", like sea sickness is pretty much in the head unless the ship is in actual rough seas.

Dan

They wouldn't pull stabilizers to conserve fuel....

They do adjust stabilizers when they are trying to make speed and if the sea is extraordinarily rough. During calm seas, they may be pulled to an extent.

There were rumors a few years back that cruise ships pulled stabilizers to make the passengers sea-sick to cut down on the consumption of food onboard....?!

There are always rumors, aren't there?

Archived