Laundry question

tranquility

On our last Carnival cruise, after embarkation, we were offered the chance to sign up for laundry services for the entire week for, if I remember correctly approx. $35. Is this routine? Has anyone else seen this?

I know about the price per item and self service laundry but I would jump at the chance for the weekly laundry if it's still offered and needless to say, I would pack lighter. We are sailing on the Triumph for the Western Carribbean in July.

I'd buy it if it's available. On our Holland America cruise they offered unlimited laundry for $75 for a ten day cruise. It was awesome - we sent our clothes out almost every day. I would swear that they even ironed my socks.

Wow, that would be wonderful. Now that I'm putting my thinking cap on, I believe it was the Pride that offered that service. Our room steward brought us a flyer. It could be something that the room steward's offer? Just a thought. I don't think it was in the Capers, now that I'm thinking about it.

On our last Carnival cruise, after embarkation, we were offered the chance to sign up for laundry services for the entire week for, if I remember correctly approx. $35. Is this routine? Has anyone else seen this?

I know about the price per item and self service laundry but I would jump at the chance for the weekly laundry if it's still offered and needless to say, I would pack lighter. We are sailing on the Triumph for the Western Carribbean in July.

Hummm... I don't recall any $35 deal. On my last cruise, all of 'em for that matter, we were offered the famous fifteen dollar bag... all the laundry that you can stuff in the bag they give you for fifteen bucks...

Hummm... I don't recall any $35 deal. On my last cruise, all of 'em for that matter, we were offered the famous fifteen dollar bag... all the laundry that you can stuff in the bag they give you for fifteen bucks...

Yep, I seem to recall that same deal on Glory last year. We did it and will do it again! It cuts down on how much stuff you need to bring, too! :D

I had that offered on one ship and I don't remember which one it was. Looking back, I should have done it. I hope someone will post which ships do it.

Reading your cruise history, you have 9 Carnival cruises. Your next Carnival cruise will be your Platinum membership cruise. FREE laundry is one of the Platinum perks.

Dan

Reading your cruise history, you have 9 Carnival cruises. Your next Carnival cruise will be your Platinum membership cruise. FREE laundry is one of the Platinum perks.

Dan

Yep, but I have to take the 10th one. I've had a dry spell here. I'm already planning to sail the Pride out of Baltimore.:D

Thanks to all. As long as I know there is likely to be some reasonable offer, I can pack lighter. I try and try but I just overpack on all vacations unless I have a laundry plan. And, I am not going to pay the per piece prices. I have better plans for my cruising $.

Yep, but I have to take the 10th one. I've had a dry spell here. I'm already planning to sail the Pride out of Baltimore.:D

Not sure what you're saying. Your 10th cruise IS a Platinum cruise. It is not 10 cruises, then Platinum after that.

Dan

Don't they have a laundry room, usually with an iron/ironing board ...they did when we did the Truimph 2001 ?

Absolutely, they have a laundry room and I've used them frequently. What they are talking about is sending your laundry out and someone else washes, dries, folds, iron, etc.

Not sure what you're saying. Your 10th cruise IS a Platinum cruise. It is not 10 cruises, then Platinum after that.

Dan

Dan, if you count, I only have 8 Carnival cruises so the next one is the 9th. So.....I one to go before Platinum. :( My Princess cruises were to places that Carnival wasn't sailing and I just HAD to go. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

Dan, if you count, I only have 8 Carnival cruises so the next one is the 9th. So.....I one to go before Platinum. :( My Princess cruises were to places that Carnival wasn't sailing and I just HAD to go. Oh well, I'll get there eventually.

Guess I thought one of them was a super delegate.

Dan

I have never heard of that. Is this new?

I guess if you get to platinum level it doesn't matter and you won't have to pay for it.

I'm getting ever so close to free laundry service.....my next booking after 09 will be platinum.

Archived