EAST v. WEST

Cej06466

We Got back from our first cruise (5/18 on the Victory)- Cozumel-Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios- We Loved it so much were looking into another Cruise in January would someone be able to tell us would it be a waste of time and money if we did Grand Cayman - Cozumel - Belize and Rotan Island since we did two of those ports already or should we do San Juan - St. Thomas and St. Marteen...we would really like to hear all of the good bad and beautiful about each one....THANKS

We did the Exotic Western (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman) back in 2007 on the Valor, we had so much fun that we booked the Freedom in March, 2008 to the regular western route (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios). Did not regret it one bit. It was great!!!:D

I don't think cruising with Carnival is ever a waste, no matter where you go. I've been on the Eastern numerous times as well as the Western and Exotic Western. I love them all!!!! Go and enjoy your cruise!!!!

No, not at all! In fact, Mom and I are doing the exact same ship and itinerary again. We were going to do eastern on the Valor but switched back because we loved it so much and wanted to do it again.

We Got back from our first cruise (5/18 on the Victory)- Cozumel-Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios- We Loved it so much were looking into another Cruise in January would someone be able to tell us would it be a waste of time and money if we did Grand Cayman - Cozumel - Belize and Rotan Island since we did two of those ports already or should we do San Juan - St. Thomas and St. Marteen...we would really like to hear all of the good bad and beautiful about each one....THANKS

:cool: No cruise is a waste of time or money, however, that being said, I found that San Juan (port in the evening) not really to much to do, St Thomas - we opted for shopping as there was not too much offered on our cruise and St Marteen we snorkeled. If you have the opportunity to do the Panama one it is awesome. We did Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica and it was a trip of a lifetime. I would do the Grand Cayman - Cozumel - Belize (we did canoeing through the mangroves and wine tasting - also a could tour of the city to get there and back) and Rotan Island. You could just do different tours this time around. Have a great cruise.:cool: :cool:

We believe any cruise is a great vacation. :p Hard to say which you would like best without knowing your likes and dislikes. Haveing said that, we have been several times on Western Caribbean cruise and twice to Eastern Caribbean. We much prefere the Eastern Islands. Grand Cayman would be close to the Eastern Islands. Mexico and Jamaica are light years from the Eastern Caribbean. We are not real fond of Jamaica or Mexico. The Rain Forest in San Juan and the old Fort are our cup of tea. We enjoy the shopping and scenery in St thomas and St Marteen a lot more. Believe prices are better and people more hospitable. :D Also really enjoyed the Butterfly Farm in St Marteen as well as 4 wheel drive excursions and beaches in Eastern Caribbean. Our cruise in March went to Grand Turk, Tortola, St Marteen, St Thomas, and San Juan. August we go with Grand Children to Cozumel and Progresso. They (Cruises) are all great, but you need to try the Eastern for yourself so you can decide which is best for you. ;) Regardless, you will have a great time.:) Our main focus on all cruises is the ship.:cool:

We have cruised the western ports much more than the eastern because we live in close proximity to New Orleans. We fell in love with Cozumel on our first cruise and have cruised there many times and have been there for land vacations as well. I think I enjoyed the ports a lot more the subsequent times we visited on our cruises because we knew what to expect and sort of knew the lay of the land so to speak ... I would definitely recommend cruising to them again!

I loved Roatan, so unspoiled and just a beautiful island. I hear the cave tubing is awesome in Belize. If you are into diving/snorkeling, Belize and Roatan are smack dab in the middle of the 2nd largest reef in the world. Belize is also known as the least expensive place in the world to learn how to scuba!

We are doing St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau on the Valor this year...I'm not so thrilled about Nassau, but I am really looking forward to St. Maarten. Many report this island to be thier favorite port of call.

I loved Roatan, so unspoiled and just a beautiful island. I hear the cave tubing is awesome in Belize. If you are into diving/snorkeling, Belize and Roatan are smack dab in the middle of the 2nd largest reef in the world. Belize is also known as the least expensive place in the world to learn how to scuba!

We are doing St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau on the Valor this year...I'm not so thrilled about Nassau, but I am really looking forward to St. Maarten. Many report this island to be thier favorite port of call.

As many have said, there is no such thing as a bad cruise. We like the Eastern itinerary so much that we did it two years in a row.

LOVE St. Maarten. I like St. Thomas, also.

We did this itinirary on the Valor this past January. We loved it! WOuld do it again in a heartbeat. Went snorkeling of the Great Barrier Reef off of Belize and visited Caye Caulker, Went snorkeling on Hondorus and went to see "THE Monkeys", Go have fun! You'll love it!:D

Loved St. M and St. T. Both very beautiful, and I think have a diferent flavor than the western islands. A little more tailored towards the tourist industry in areas...both have very different feels, cultures, people, IMO. I've heard that San Juan experience depends on if you're stopping at night or during the day.

Are you saying you want to sail the Victory again in Jan? If so, it won't be going to St. Martin. The itinerary changes in Oct. I think. We'll be on it and going to 6 ports in 6 days, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, and Dominica.

Both sides are great. We've done all of those islands several times and always enjoyed them. The only one we haven't done is Roaton which we are looking forward to in April.

No way my friend we were on that excate cruise in feb of this year and love it and will be going again in feb 2009 to the ports you just mention, and belize and roatan are great ,a little advice though dont think that when in roatan that things will be alot lively as you would be in either grand cayman or cozumel ,because its just starting to be a main stop and is building up but when in roatan check out the beachs there great or some other excurson you wont be sorry i found it to be one of the best stops on our cruise Its not as comerical as other ports of call but very nice

Thank you all for all of your imput, we also agree that there is no such thing as a bad cruise....we loved grand cayman so much at this point it looks like we are going to do the westen route

We've done both. All are fun. We dive at every stop. We pick the cruise by the ports, if they all have diving, we're there. I personally enjoy the Western. I'd like to do the southern but DW doesn't like flying (San Juan). Seems like they always lose our luggage. Enjoy whichever you choose.

Archived