Need ideas getting guests from Airport to Hotel

Hey all,

I'm getting married on the Glory Nov. 1 in Port. Most of my guests will be non-sailing (only 2 couples are sailing - but it is a small wedding - only about 15 - 20 guests total).

Everyone is planning on coming in the night before and I really want to stay in a hotel near the port rather than near the hotel - seems like this will give me a better chance to be able to get to a salon to get my hair done before needing to be at the port by 10:30 am.

Does anyone have any good ideas for how I can tell my guests to plan transportation from Orlando Airport out to the hotel? (I'm looking at staying at either the Hilton or Best Western in Cocoa Beach).

I'm driving in so it won't be a problem for me - but most of my guests are flying from all over. I don't think any of the hotels have a shuttle service from Orlando and it looks like any cars are well over $100.

Any suggestions from anyone who got married the day of sailing in Port Canaveral - where did you stay?

Thanks!

We intentionally picked a hotel that offered a shuttle from the airport and to the port. We could have saved about $30/room by going with a hotel that didn't -- but what we would have paid for the transportation would have been more than that $30. For those that drove to the hotel, there was a shuttle to pick them up after the cruise and return then to the hotel to get their car - and they didn't charge for keeping the car there for the week. It ended up a great deal for that person!!

It's highly doubtful that you'll find any hotels in Cocoa Beach that offer a shuttle from the Orlando Airport (45 minutes to 1 hour away).

A few thoughts....

This might work for anyone coming in on sailing day...http://www.mearstransportation.com/CruiseTrans.htm

Another possibility might be to have them all go in on a charter van from the airport to Port Canaveral (the price seems high, but divided by 11 people it really isn't so bad considering how far the port is from the airport). Here is a link for that...http://www.mearstransportation.com/Configurator.asp

Another thought would be to have multiple parties go in on some large rental cars to share.

Best of luck!

We intentionally picked a hotel that offered a shuttle from the airport and to the port. We could have saved about $30/room by going with a hotel that didn't -- but what we would have paid for the transportation would have been more than that $30. For those that drove to the hotel, there was a shuttle to pick them up after the cruise and return then to the hotel to get their car - and they didn't charge for keeping the car there for the week. It ended up a great deal for that person!!

What hotel was this - I've been searching and cannot seem to find any. Hotels near Orlando have the shuttle from the airport, but not to the Port - hotels near the Port have shuttles to the Port but not from the airport.

Thanks,

Good luck, this may be tough since the port is about an hour from the airport. You may need to consider a private company to transport everyone down and then back to the airport if they are not sailing with you. There are lots of private limo companies just start shopping around, you also may find renting cars may be cheapest.

Enjoy your cruise wedding mine was the BEST!!

I am getting married in Port Canaveral April 17th. We have a total of 50 people sailing with us. I orginally planned on arranging transportation for everyone but now I am going to leave it up to the guests. I am thinking that I will try to encourage people to car pool over to the port and I will pay for a van from them. I just assume leave it to them to arrange with each other and then I just pay.

I looked at car rental and I found many that were around 65.

Hey all,

I'm getting married on the Glory Nov. 1 in Port. Most of my guests will be non-sailing (only 2 couples are sailing - but it is a small wedding - only about 15 - 20 guests total).

Everyone is planning on coming in the night before and I really want to stay in a hotel near the port rather than near the hotel - seems like this will give me a better chance to be able to get to a salon to get my hair done before needing to be at the port by 10:30 am.

Does anyone have any good ideas for how I can tell my guests to plan transportation from Orlando Airport out to the hotel? (I'm looking at staying at either the Hilton or Best Western in Cocoa Beach).

I'm driving in so it won't be a problem for me - but most of my guests are flying from all over. I don't think any of the hotels have a shuttle service from Orlando and it looks like any cars are well over $100.

Any suggestions from anyone who got married the day of sailing in Port Canaveral - where did you stay?

Thanks!

I am in orlando, and a lot of my guests are flying in the day before. I have provided a list of hotels that are in close proximity to my house because on the morning of my wedding, i will have the limo service pick them up from their hotels and bring them back to our house, where they will pick us up last and transport us to port canaveral.

The day that the guests fly in, myself, my fiance or my parents could pick up the guests from orlando airport. I would suggest to all guests to fly in the day before the cruise in order to avoid anyone being late.

Archived