bahamas

My brothers and I are trying to figure out a cruise to take my parents on for a b-day present. We are thinking of a 4 day cruise. Does anybody have any input as to ajesty of the Seas or Sovereign of the Seas? any input would be much appreciated.

Laurie

Noordam/Alaska-1996

Viking Serenade/Mexico 1998

Triumph/Canada-2002

Destiny-11/9/03

We have been on Sovereign twice and we LOVE HER!!! She is our favorite ship (we have been on Enchantment & Voyager). Service on the Sovereign is the best by far. You will not go wrong with her.

Tim & Crystal

I have not been on the Majesty of the Seas and am about to take my second cruise on the Sovereign. Of my previous 4 cruises, the Sovereign offered the best service of any of them! It is an older ship, but in great shape. I enjoyed her tremendously!!!

Facation Fanatic

Fantasy - 6/02 Bahamas

Fantasy - 12/02 Bahamas

Victory - 9/03 NE/Canada

Sovereign of the Seas - 1/04 Bahamas

Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If you are flying, Orlando is the most popular. There is an airport in Melbourne but very small, limited flights, usually much more expensive. Orlando is about 45 min from port but you can purchase transfers from RCI or there are several private shuttle/limo companies that can get you there.

You can also rent a car fairly inexpensively and drive from Orlando. Drop offs for Avis and I think Budget-or is it Hert? close to the pier and they will shuttle you to the pier at no additional cost.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas 10/03

We just came back from the 4-day cruise aboard the Sovereign of the Seas. I think your parents would LOVE it! It's a beautiful ship and the service is excellent! As for 2 days in the Bahamas, you actually aren't there 2 days. It's kinda misleading. You actually get there at 7 a.m. and leave around 1 a.m. that night. The next day is a full day at sea. Coco Cay is gorgeous and they will just enjoy sitting and relaxing on the beach. There are lots of activities to do there too when it comes to the water. There are some shops there too and they provide a barbque that's outta this world. We mainly shopped in Nassau as it was cloudy most of the day and the water was kind of cool. I think that it would be an excellent present for your parents and they'll thank you for it!

a day at sea sounds awesome to me!!! I'll print up this page and pass it on to my brothers. thanks for all of your help. If anybody else has any advice, I welcome it!

Laurie

Noordam/Alaska-1996

Triumph/Canada-2002

Destiny-11/9/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muzicgal:

a day at sea sounds awesome to me!!! I'll print up this page and pass it on to my brothers. thanks for all of your help. If anybody else has any advice, I welcome it!

Laurie

Noordam/Alaska-1996

Triumph/Canada-2002

Destiny-11/9/03<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome! Glad I could help. The day at sea was very nice. It gave us a chance to really relax and explore the boat. Up until then, we were too busy to go exploring. Plus, they have some pretty good deals on tshirts and such on this day, so I picked up some good deals on the ship that day, too.

It was a toss up for me too...but as you can see with my upcoming cruise...I went with the Majesty...mainly because it has an airport that is closer...I didn't want to have to put up with transportation from Orlando with the Sovereign. But I've heard wonderful things about both.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

We were on the Majesty. Its a newer ship than the Sovereign. Also it makes a stop in Key West which the Sovereign does not. Key West is a great place if you've never been there. Its a funky little town with lots of shops and you can take a trolley tour, see Hemingway's House, etc. I definitely recommend the Majesty. It leaves from Miami.

Majesty of the Seas 3/02

Monarch of the Seas 2/02

Serenade of the Seas 11/03

Till the Enchantment!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;2;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ok, now I'm really confused! LOL I'll give all of this information to my brothers and we can all discuss it and make some decisions. I thought it would be easier from Miami airport. Also, a day at sea sounds very nice. I was just on a southern carribean cruise and really looked forward to my sea days.

Laurie

Noordam/Alaska-1996

Triumph/Canada-2002

Destiny-11/9/03

We are about to go on the Majesty. Our daughter bought this cruise for us for our anniversary. She put much thought and research into it before she decided on the Majesty. We are getting really excited about taking our first cruise. icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty of the Seas

irene1.gif

We did the 3-day Majesty cruise last February ('03) and just booked the 4-day for May. The Majesty was a great ship. Service was wonderful. We're looking forward to our 4-day cruise mainly because it has Key West, which which love.

BGG

Archived