Cruising with a 9 month old....

gkrnjlr

Glad that the differences in the formula didn't effect your child's tummy on your trip.

Many children are so sensitive to changes in their diet. Mine has a cast iron stomach also, many babies do not.

Happy Sailing!

LOL, I think the amount (multiple gallons) of Tabasco that I consumed while DS was gestating helped him develop a "resistant" tummy. :D

Baggies are a good idea! If we don't do the single packets I'll do that. Smart! Thanks!

LOL all that tobasco sauce helped prime his tummy to be accustomed to ANYTHING! Does he have red hair?

Baggies are a good idea! If we don't do the single packets I'll do that. Smart! Thanks!

LOL all that tobasco sauce helped prime his tummy to be accustomed to ANYTHING! Does he have red hair?

His hair is red in some light, yes. Reddish blondish hair, blue eyes. We are wondering where the ginger is in our backgrounds :D

LOL, I think the amount (multiple gallons) of Tabasco that I consumed while DS was gestating helped him develop a "resistant" tummy. :D

OMG, Me too! I love spicy food, but when I was pregnant, nothing was spicy enough.

My favorite snacks were Cheezit's w/ tabasco and hot pepper sandwiches.

My five year old still loves spicy food. And of course broccoli (another pregnancy food). She has a cast iron stomach - comes from her Dad's side.

Have fun!

We took a cruise last year and took our 2 and 3 year old boys on it and took a small stroller. I honestly did NOT like having the small stroller at all. It did have a small basket on the bottom, but a stroller is a stroller and regardless of size it's still going to be "in the way" for some people. My opinion is that you may as well have the big "comfy" one that will have the cup holder and basket on bottom.

My husband wants to take the small stroller for our daughter this time (boys are staying with Grandma during this cruise) but I am opting for the larger.

I'm curious as to what others have for input on this.

Jennifer

I'm for the smaller stroller. You carry for the space you have. I can't imagine what people put in the "tank" strollers. They take up so much space......I felt my tank was such an inconvenience (even at the mall) that I didn't use it. I laugh when I see people pull them out of the trunk of their car with whatever falling everywhere. A small basket on the bottom is enough for beach toys, diapers, change of clothes, extra snacks, water, towels, etc.

Outside of the US, shopping and tourism areas can be small, not a great place for the large stroller. Areas on cruise chips can be small also, try getting down the hallway with the steward's trolleys.....

I'm the same way about diaper bags and handbags......

Ok, I"m off the soapbox now....gotta go clean my handbag!! :)

Sabbie, yes, I'd love to have your packing list! If you wouldn't mind emailing it to me that'd be great! Thanks! My email is gregandjena@sc.rr.com

Thanks!

We are currently out of town at my inlaws so as soon as I get home I will get on our computer and send it to you.

As for the stroller, we took a umbrella stroller and overall very happy with it. I would suggest one with a full recline if you think he would sleep in it much and having a nice size basket was helpful for the camera bag and a few essentials. Ours is the Esprit Sun Speed (we added the RayShade to it for a better canopy), worked well and we got on sale for $75.00, of course there are so many out there to choose from it's hard to decide.

Archived