Missty's gem review, part 3!

missty1405

Wednesday May 28th. The ship arrived early in Naples. And the forecast was.... HOT!! It was at least 95 degrees with the same amount of humidity!! By now I was referring to my hair as the "European do" Ugh. My hair gets frizzy, and just plain yuck. As, you can see from my pics! lol So we get up early get some breakfast and we are off the ship meeting our private guide Alberto from AP Tours. He was great!! Told us lots of information and history about Naples and the Amalfi Coast. Our first stop was in Pompeii, which he arranged a private guide for us. At the moment I can't think of his name, but he was wonderful!! So knowledgeable on the ruins of Pompeii. And it was amazing we were walking the streets of Pompeii! That would never be done in America - if it was that old, etc. it would be roped off, not to be seen or touched. Glad we went in the morning, because it was HOT!! I can't imagine being there after 12:00! After that we headed to the coast. BEAUTIFUL!! We stopped in Positino for some shopping and for a "traditional italian lunch". We as a family had all talked about a "traditional Italian lunch" and that we didn't want to do it. 1. They take a few hours and 2. they are EXPENSIVE!! Well, the driver asked if we wanted to have a "traditional Italian Lunch", and someone in the van said sure. I re-asked saying "I thought we didn't want to do that?" Silence. No takers?? LOL. Ok then... off we go to have lunch. I did say we wanted it fast so we could see more. So, fast it was... price still the same. LOL And it was ok good.... BUT I don't think it was $75.00-$80.00 per couple good! (25 euros per person = approx. $77.00) Oh well. I do have to say the view was fantastic!! So, maybe that's worth the money?? I don't have a problem spending that for dinner, but lunch?

We shopped, and I wish we would have had more time, but I guess on our next trip. I did buy a beautiful music box. Made from the olive wood there in Italy. We didn't buy from the big store the driver dropped us off at, we went down around the corner to a small shop, and the guy gave us a better deal. And we bought a huge hand blown glass vase that we shipped home and received the day after we got home. Lets see what else - Oh yeah 2 leather purses, Matt got a new leather wallet and two belts.

Then on to Sorrento - this whole area is gorgeous! And hills and curvy roads! So take your Dramamine!! We also caught the ferry back to Naples - faster and easier.

A friend of mine is living in Naples. (Her dh is in the Army) So we were able to see her!! On the way back to the ship Kim called me. So she was on her way, we were going to meet! We waited a while, then we got on the ship - I didn't think she was going to make it, as the ship was going to leave soon. Then she called and said they were minutes away. SO, I rushed off the boat.... looking horrible!(sweaty, frizzed hair) And they made it! YAY! I had about 20 minutes to talk to her. She gave me a beautiful plate from Naples. I LOVE it!! It will look perfect in my kitchen! Her husband and two daughters came along. So, we were chatting and her husband says, we should be walking you back as we talk, so I glance at the ship and the time and have two minutes to get on board! And as I look the ship employees are rolling up the carpets to the gang plank! So, I go running as fast as I can!! And as I approach them, they ask if I am Mrs. _______. I answer yes, and get ready to take out my ship ID. They tell me to get on board. LOL Oops. I had still had one minute left. They didn't look to happy - but oh well.... I saw Kim. This was a beautiful area! Oh and we did see the hookers in the law chairs along the side of the road, that Kim had mentioned before. I think Matt took a picture, so maybe I will have to find it. lol

(this is all copied from my blog, so if some doesn't make sense.... sorry!) lol I am trying to edit as needed for cruise critic.

missty

Archived