PC Dining on Sun Princess

AllmanJoy

Ok, I have read several horror stories about PC dining on other Princess ships. Can someone clarify how this works on the Sun Princess? I don't want to have to make reservations for certain times each night, that's the whole purpose of chosing "Anytime/PC" dining :( .

We leave on the Sun Princess on Wednesday for 10 days :D , so any advice on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

We had no problems on the Sun or the Golden . If you go between 6:30 and 7:30 you may have a 20 min wait .They give you a buzzer that will let you know they're ready for you . If you say you will share you will save time and meet new freinds . They serve from I think 5:30 to 9:00 . We never made a reservation , just showed up .

Ronath: Thanks and I intend to post a review on my return.

I have heard wonderful things about Princess, I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is my first cruise on Princess. The PC dining option really caught my eye. When I am on vacation, the last thing I want to have to worry about is making it to the dining room by a certain time.

This time tomorrow we should be on our way!!!:D

We were on the Sun in April for a 10 day cruise. It was the first we had heard of PC dining and it will be our choice every time. We went to dinner between 7:30 and 8:00 most nights, always without a reservation and never had to wait. As long as we didn't mind sitting with other couples, which in our opinion is the best part. You dine with different people every night, no chance of having the wrong dining partners for the whole cruise. We met some wonderful people and had great conversations. So when they ask if you would mind sharing with other couples definately try it out, you never know who you might get to know.

Have a great time!!

My wife and I were also on the Sun for 10 days in April, and absolutely loved the PC dining option. There are no "required" reservations, even during the busy hours - it's simply smart to make them if you can between, say, 6:30-7:30 or so, if you want to guarantee no wait. But honestly, we hardly ever made reservations and when we did have to wait, it was always for a very short time. The flexibility was wonderful, especially for us, because we had a lot of shore excursions going on and had no desire whatsoever to be at a certain place at a certain time every night.

On a side note, I think you'll love this ship. It's a very manageable size, and it really very well-kept for its age. We loved our balcony cabin on Caribe deck and spent a ton of time there. Go down and check out the complete dinner menu when they post it mid-afternoon, write down everything you like, then order anything you want for room service and eat on your balcony at least once.

And make sure you visit Je-Je (if she's still on this ship) at La Patisserie in the atrium area on Deck 5. She's a real sweetheart, and the morning cup of coffee there sure seemed better there (even it's an urban legend!) than in the dining rooms!

Archived