Last minute Nassau questions.....

paddycake

Our original plan was to take a Bahamas cruise, but instead, we decided to make it a 5 day land vacation to Nassau. I've been reading the boards faithfully and have gotten soooo much information. We are leaving Friday and I was hoping you could clarify/correct me on questions I have regarding dining and transportation. Here it goes: We are staying at the Atlantis. Got a great rate (cheaper than CS) from some tips I got from this board--thank you :) My understanding is the airport is about a 30 minute taxi ride to Atlantis and for a family of 3 the cost of the taxi will be around $35? Also, we will be having some meals at Atlantis, but also want to explore some casual restaurants outside of Atlantis. It's my understanding Hurricane Harbor is gone--have those restaurants relocated? What is the avg cost of a taxi around Paradise Island and the cost to the downtown area? I know once we are downtown there is the #10 Jitney to get us around. Also, any must-do restaurants (no gourmet fine dining, please) that we should try? Thank you for sharing all your information and experiences. CC is the best!

No real answers for you, but a suggestion...ask your hotel staff for suggestions of places to go, see and eat. Nobody knows the place you're staying in like the locals. Give them your parameters (maybe adding a little tip at the end for their time;)) and see where that takes you. I've found some really neat places doing just that.

Our original plan was to take a Bahamas cruise, but instead, we decided to make it a 5 day land vacation to Nassau. I've been reading the boards faithfully and have gotten soooo much information. We are leaving Friday and I was hoping you could clarify/correct me on questions I have regarding dining and transportation. Here it goes: We are staying at the Atlantis. Got a great rate (cheaper than CS) from some tips I got from this board--thank you :) My understanding is the airport is about a 30 minute taxi ride to Atlantis and for a family of 3 the cost of the taxi will be around $35? Also, we will be having some meals at Atlantis, but also want to explore some casual restaurants outside of Atlantis. It's my understanding Hurricane Harbor is gone--have those restaurants relocated? What is the avg cost of a taxi around Paradise Island and the cost to the downtown area? I know once we are downtown there is the #10 Jitney to get us around. Also, any must-do restaurants (no gourmet fine dining, please) that we should try? Thank you for sharing all your information and experiences. CC is the best!

Taxi from the airport should be $30 for 3 ppl plus $1 toll for the bridge (and tip).

Hurricane hole is mostly gone. But you can go over the bridge to the new Green Parrot (and I suggest you do).. You can also eat at the Poop Deck over the bridge, and many other terrific spots in Nassau. (Cafe Matisse, Montegue Gardens, Conch Fritters, Bahamian Kitchen etc.) You can also head to the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay for authentic bahamian cooking. There are several very good local restaurants at the Fish Fry. Twin Brothers, SeaFood Haven, Briland Lounge and Goldies are some of my favorites.

A cab around Paradise Island is $9. Over the bridge $11. (but worth it.. believe me). A cab to Arawak Cay will likely be closer to $14. There are plenty of cabs for the return trip.

The difference in prices from Paradise Island vs Nassau is astounding. The cab ride is certainly worth the money.

Archived