Booking a OV Guarantee with a 'linked' group

Patdmoose

We have always booked our annual 'Friends & Family' cruise(15-21 persons) in specific 6A cabins. We have always received an upgrade! (knock on wood). We stopped booking as a group and instead booked as individuals with our reservations 'linked' together when we learned that the group amenities were never as good as the discounts available to individual bookings. Does anyone have any experience with booking 'linked' guarantee cabins. If upgraded, do all of the linked cabins move together, or is it just the luck of the draw.

Thanks!

I can't really help you with the upgrade question, but we did just book 3 guarantees with the confirmation numbers linked. We are all on the same floor, with two of the rooms together and one at the other end of the ship. TA put a call into Carnival to try and get them all together. I told her it really wasn't that big of a deal if they could not do it.

None of us were upgraded, but the ship did appear to be sold out.

Does anyone have any experience with booking 'linked' guarantee cabins. If upgraded, do all of the linked cabins move together, or is it just the luck of the draw.

With linked Guarantee cabins, should any upgrades occur, you could be moved anywhere. If all of you book Cat. 6A Gte's, you could essentially be spread out all over the ship. I have even seen a rare upgrade from 6A to 8A. The linking, for the most part, is used for dining.

My son and friends are going on a cruise - their first - Dec.20. I helped make their reservations through my PVP. It's just two couples, but she assured me they would be 'linked' - definitely the dining room, and their cabins would be in the same area of the same deck, maybe next door and maybe down a few doors, but same area. She also said that if ONE of them was upgraded, the other would be, as well.

When I talked with PVP today about my own cruise for 11/1, I asked her to check on theirs. She came back w/great news. They were booked (gty) 6A, which was Riveria Deck. They are now confirmed on Main Deck, midship, cabins side by side. Wonderful!:)

Cabins are linked for dining purposes. We booked 8 cabins for our first cruise. All booked inside gaurantees. 2 cabins were upgraded to oceanviews the rest stayed in inside cabins. We were scattered throughout the main deck. THere was no rhyme or reason to who got the upgrades as we all had 4 or more in our cabins.

DH and I and my best friend and her hubby are going on the Conquest in two weeks. We booked through the same TA, and he made sure Carnival knew we wanted our reservations linked so we could get cabins close to one another and have the same table in the dining room.

We booked a 6A GTY, and were upgraded one deck up, and the best thing is our cabins are right next door to each other!

Archived