Scrapbooking classes

DonnaK

I was on the Sapphire at Easter.... Can't remember if there was a charge or not (probably!) but I do distinctly recall you had to have purchased one of their scrapbooking kits from the Photo Gallery to use in the class, and that ran about $20.

I wasn't impressed, as they wouldn't let me open a kit to check it out and when I bought one realised there were 9 sheets of different papers in it, which was not a lot of use for double page layouts. I didn't do the class as I didn't have any photos to work on with me and I'm kind of picky about my scrapping anyway.

HTH!

They are free but pretty lame in my opinion. I'm not exactly an expert but I think everyone that showed up had probably done more than the girl that was "teaching" the class. Basically she had cheap paper - almost like construction paper and some Sizzix dies you could use - a fish, sun and can't remember what else along with some photos. The photos consisted of a bunch of 2 different shots and they were so generic I have forgotten what they were. I wouldn't waste my time. As for the kits you could buy I thought they had them so you could see what each of the pages were. I only saw 8.5x11 kits and I do mostly 12x12 plus I have bought a lot better papers and embellishments from some where else. And believe it or not I found quite a few different die cuts and embellishments in all 3 of the ports! :D

Hope that helps.

Agreed, my wife was excited about going to this class. She left all ready to get some great ideas and get our Alaska scrapbook rolling....she was back in the room 20 minutes later. She said the instructor came in and said here are some dies and here are some pictures and brochures you can cut stuff out of, let me know if you need help. The dies were hokie and the pictures were of the ship and the brochures were ones you could pick-up in any port.

Agreed, my wife was excited about going to this class. She left all ready to get some great ideas and get our Alaska scrapbook rolling....she was back in the room 20 minutes later. She said the instructor came in and said here are some dies and here are some pictures and brochures you can cut stuff out of, let me know if you need help. The dies were hokie and the pictures were of the ship and the brochures were ones you could pick-up in any port.

LOL :D My husband came with me and sat for about 3 minutes and then I left about 5 minutes after that.

Archived