RCI fans cruises Carnival and loved it!

This may be a bit OT, but it involves missing a port. We sailed on Glory 5/31-6/7, and our stop to Belize on 6/4 was cancelled due to the tropical storm damage they had incurred. We were told over the PA system by the CD that the captain had done a lot of work with the Cozumel officials to allow us back into port at Cozumel for that date - we were told this the afternoon of 6/3. We had just been to Cozumel the previous day, but most were happy to at least have another port to visit, even if it was a re-visit. That evening, before one of the shows, the CD explained more of how hard the captain worked with the Mexican officials to allow us into port, and that the way they did this was to bump another cruiseship out of Cozumel for that date. Now I don't know if it was another CCL ship, or a different line, but I'm willing to bet it was a smaller ship with less pax to spend their dollars! Just makes me wonder how many times this occurs as a reason ships miss a port.

[quote name='flcouple']We are local so we didn't have any travel insurance. The luggage was one part, but we felt that board games, a talk on a day in the live of a crew member, and $20 bingo was a poor response to missing a major port. Of course it didn't help that we watched 5 other ships taking people in while we pulled away. They never did offer a reason. They did give a $25 per cabin OBC which allowed one of us to play bingo for 30 minutes.

Even when we called about the fact that they sent our lost luggage COD, they said there was nothing they could do. To us, that meant they knew they had us and we couldn't do a thing. That is poor customer service. I have been on RCI and NCL ships and never had these issues. At least on NCL when we had weather problems and had to leave a port early, they gave everyone $100 OBC and refunded $100 per cabin. That is a lot better than read your contract or $20 bingo.

Now before certain people in this thread start their flame war again, CCL's Celebration was a good ship. We always enjoyed it and its crew. But we also never interacted with CCL customer service until the Inspiration. I don't think it is a question of the quality of the ships. Just a question of a quality of their customer service or lack there of...[/QUOTE]

I have been on 21 cruises 19 with Carnival 2 with Royal Carribean. In the 19 cruises we have only missed one port, Grand Caymen, which we could not tender in. We got a OBC and never expected it. Carnival customer service is superior, whenever I call the questions are always answered promtly and with knowledge.

By the way i live local too, and I never travel without insurance, that would be just plain stupid.

[quote name='Gigimeister']I have been on 21 cruises 19 with Carnival 2 with Royal Carribean. In the 19 cruises we have only missed one port, Grand Caymen, which we could not tender in. We got a OBC and never expected it. Carnival customer service is superior, whenever I call the questions are always answered promtly and with knowledge.

By the way i live local too, and I never travel without insurance, that would be just plain stupid.[/quote]

Well we didn't need travel insurance because we drive to the ship and our medical is good worldwide. Our Visa card offers luggage insurance, etc. I wish I could say we had good customer service from CCL, but I can't Paying $62 COD for the luggage they lost was terrible. Telling us they couldn't do anything about it just told me that we got your money already and we aren't helping. We'll likely try CCL again, but if we have a similar experience, we won't go back. With the cost of vacations for a large family we can't just go on a cruise at the drop of a hat. We have to have 2 cabins for 7 people and that gets expensive.

Archived