Serenade, Adventurer or Celebrity Constellation?

I need advice from those cruise experts out there who’ve cruised with both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. My husband and I (both 30 years old) are considering to take a cruise to the Southern Caribbean next February. We have cruised with Disney twice and Royal Caribbean once. We took the Explorer of the Seas (EOS) to the Western Caribbean last September. We enjoyed our trip on Explorer of the Seas but we’re open to trying new things.

Here’s our delimma (a good one to have!)…we’re trying to decide if we should stay with Royal Caribbean or try Celebrity. If we go with Royal Caribbean, we’ll take the Serenade of the Seas (SOS) or Adventurer of the Seas(AOS). If we go with Celebrity, we’ll take the Constellation.

I have a few questions:

The AOS includes stops at Aruba and Curaco; whereas, SOS includes stops at St. Lucia and Barbados. We enjoy a little snorkling but we mostly hang out at the beach and maybe do a little shopping. Which itinerary do you think is better for us?

Is the food really better on Celebrity? My one complaint about Royal Caribbean is that I wasn’t that impressed with the food. That being said, I certainly didn’t go hungry on the EOS icon_smile.gif

We really enjoyed relaxing at the Solarium on EOS. Does the Constellation have an adults only pool? If not, how loud and busy is the main pool area on the Constellation? We enjoy relaxing and reading by the pool and don’t care for constant music and games.

Can you comment on the overall atmosphere of Royal Caribbean vs. Celebrity? We aren’t big partiers but we do like to have a few drinks and have fun.

Can you go out to the bow on the Constellation and Serenade of the Seas like you can on the Voyager-class ships?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by studios94:

I have a few questions:

The AOS includes stops at Aruba and Curaco; whereas, SOS includes stops at St. Lucia and Barbados. We enjoy a little snorkling but we mostly hang out at the beach and maybe do a little shopping. Which itinerary do you think is better for us? - Aruba and Curacao are much nicer in my opinion. They are also different as they are desert islands as opposed to tropical islands.

Is the food really better on Celebrity? My one complaint about Royal Caribbean is that I wasn’t that impressed with the food. That being said, I certainly didn’t go hungry on the EOS icon_smile.gif - Some people say the food is better on Celebrity. I think they are about the same. My wife likes fish and she thinks it is better on RCI.

We really enjoyed relaxing at the Solarium on EOS. Does the Constellation have an adults only pool? - Yes they do have a pool for adults. They also have the Aqua Spa cafe near the pool with some yummy food you don't find elsewhere on the ship.

Can you comment on the overall atmosphere of Royal Caribbean vs. Celebrity? We aren’t big partiers but we do like to have a few drinks and have fun. - Celebrity is more of an adult experience. Dressing up for dinner is still considered to be a big deal. Casual dining for dinner requires a reservation. On the positive side they have a great sushi bar at dinner time. Basically, Celebrity is more formal and RCI is more casual.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Since you already tried Royal Caribbean why don't you try Celebrity? I was on Celebrity a couple of years ago aboard the Galaxy and loved it. The food is a little bit better on Celebrity than Royal Caribbean. I found that the Celebrity line was a little bit more conservative than RCCL. Remind you that Celebrity is owned by RCCL.

Whichever you go on it will be enjoyable.

Happy cruising,

Michele icon_cool.gif

I am having the same trouble deciding. We sailed the southern carribean on The Constellation last March and absolutely loved it. There were hardly any announcements and very few pool games. The crowd is a little more mature, but we found plenty of people to hang out with and have some fun. (We are 35 and 37.) I know we were in the bar until at least 2AM a couple of times. But if you want to hang out and be alone, you can do that too. The food was fabulous. We even had a table for two, which we invited friends to eat with us 2 nights.

Next year we're traveling with 2 of my single girlfriends so we're considering The Serenade or AOS for a little more party atmosphere for them. I'm just a little worried because The Constellation has set the expectations pretty high for us!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The AOS includes stops at Aruba and Curaco; whereas, SOS includes stops at St. Lucia and Barbados. We enjoy a little snorkling but we mostly hang out at the beach and maybe do a little shopping. Which itinerary do you think is better for us? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're shopping and snorkling, there is no contest, the Serenade is the better ship for you. St. Lucia had phenomenal snorkling, and Barbados is known for its shopping opportunities. Also, I like the beaches there for relaxing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We really enjoyed relaxing at the Solarium on EOS. Does the Constellation have an adults only pool? If not, how loud and busy is the main pool area on the Constellation? We enjoy relaxing and reading by the pool and don’t care for constant music and games. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Solarium on Serenade is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been. I love the Indian/Burman theme, and all the greenery. It makes me feel like I'm in a secluded temple in a jungle somewhere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can you comment on the overall atmosphere of Royal Caribbean vs. Celebrity? We aren’t big partiers but we do like to have a few drinks and have fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In February, the atmosphere on the RCI ships will be more condusive to partying than that on the Celebrity one. That being said, a great time can be had on either ship.

If nothing else, I suggest the Serenade for her age and beauty. The onboard art collection is phenomenal, and you love the feeling you get when you're in port, look at your ship, and know without a doubt that you are on the nicest ship in the harbor. She is so stunning, inside and out, that I just can't get over it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;03;20;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<color=#8b0000>until Serenade of the Seas Spring Break 2004!!

Hi,

We've been on RCI 6 times and Celebrity twice over the past ten years. Overall, the atmosphere on Celebrity is a bit more subdued, but there is plenty to do. On the last Celebrity cruise we took last year (Galaxy - 10 day W. Caribbean), we had the pleasure of being seated at dinner with 4 couples in their thirties (we are 50 - 60). We all had a great time. Also, I do think the food is better on Celebrity, and their are normally fewer kids. If you haven't tried it, you should. I'm a believer in making your own good times, so I think you'll have a great time on either!

Cathy

We sailed the Constellation right after Thanksgiving. It is a wonderful ship and the food was very good. The nightlife is a little more laid back. We would sail the Constellation again but we do not like the new ports of call.

We have sailed Royal before and will sail on the AOS right after Thanksgiving. We loved the ports for the AOS. St. Martin is our favorite beach stop. Shopping is great - just ask my husband.

My suggestion is go with the best price for one of the three ships you've picked.

<MARQUEE>ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE,</MARQUEE>

ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE,

<MARQUEE>ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE,</MARQUEE>

ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE, ADVENTURE...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nordic Empress - 2/2001, Nordic Empress - 12/2001, Nordic Empress - 2/2002, Nordic Empress - 4/2002, Adventure of the Seas - 11/2002, Serenade of the Seas - 11/2003

What Next?

Adventure of the Seas Again 10/17/04...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas 11/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;15;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived