Tour guides

We just got home from our Med. Cruise. And had an incredible time!! The NCL Gem was the best. But I also want to say how wonderful our tour guides were!! I arranged three private tours and all three were excellent!! So I want to pass that info along to others. Because it is of this great message board that I found them!

Our first was for Naples. We used AP Tours. They were awesome! We did Pompeii in the morning with a private guide that they arranged for us. then on to the Amalfi coast to see towns like - Postitano and Sorrento. Where we rode the ferry back to Naples. A perfect day and the driver was so knowledgable. (take some dramimine!) lol

Rome we used All around Italy with Frabrizio - He was awesome!!! A wealth of info as we drove! We saw everthing! Colisuem, Tervi fountain, spanish steps, Vatican/Stistine Chapel the list is endless. He was very good! ANd had a great Picture book for us to look at as he was talking to us about different places.

Our last tour guide was for Florence/Pisa. We used Tusany by Taxi. This guy was great - took us where we needed. was a bit queiter than Frabrizio, but answerwed all our questions we asked and loved the area.

I would use all three of these companies again!! All were on time and very professional. And just fun to be with for the day.

This next company I would never use - It is Darryl with Giro Transfer. We hired him for a taxi ride from the Barcelona port to the airport. I confirmed everything just before we left for our cruise. Everything was fine. After the cruise we waited for about 20 -25 minutes. THen we called him twice. nothing. So actually no big deal- we hailed three taxis (there were 6 of us) and off to the airport we went. I never thougth of giving him a bad review, because stuff happens, and we didn't get hurt in anyway. But, the Tuesday after I got home - I got a horrible email from him calling me the B word and the F word a few times!! I explained we looked for his driver, and tried to call. He called me a lier. He continued his email rants with more horrible names, I told him I would be posting this on cruise critic, and the rant then continued more! lol I never replied back after that.

Hopefully these reviews will help someone with their planning!

Missty

hey all just got back from the emerald princess transatlantic.. if you are looking for a great tour in rome or florence ports i went with marizio and luka fantastic.. so many people will gladly join in with you from here makes it so affordable.. we saw everything that we could possibly see and the wealth of information from the 2 of them was awesome.. his email addy is.. mbtours@hotmail.com..

all enjoy have fun,

nancy

Missty, I just booked APtours for the Amalfi coast too, I'm glad to hear another glowing review! We dont have alot of time so are just doing Ravello and Positano, I cant wait. i do tend to get nauseous though so I will heed oyur warning and take precautions.

Lee Anne:)

Hey Missty we used Fabrizio too...a few weeks ago. He was awesome! He made us fall in love w/Rome. We were constantly laughing. Did he take you to the "key hole"? Same thing with Tuscany by Taxi. I would definitely use them again.:D

Archived