Miami Hotel Recommendations?

gigglets

I'm looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise in early December. I'd prefer a hotel that has rooms that face the pier, but that's not required. Of course airport and pier shuttles would also be nice. Any recommendations???

I booked at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. From everything I've read it's right by the pier and also near shopping. It was reasonable - around $100. All the research I did suggested that they are basic hotel rooms - nothing fancy, but clean.

gigglets...we've always stayed at the Embassy Suites for our pre-cruises in Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral. We've always been happy with their hotels. Haven't tried the one in Miami yet. It's close to the airport and 10 minutes from the port. It does offer free shuttle service to/from Miami airport. Shuttle service to the port isn't free. I just checked their website for their rates. Their best available rate is $139.99 (cancel by 6pm same day) or the special rate of $118.99 (paid in full at time of reservation, no refund on cancellation).

We're cruising out of Miami on December 3rd so I think I may try the Embassy Suites there. They're rooms are always clean and they all have 2 room suites (private bedroom w/tv, large living room with sofabed and tv). Plus, we love the free cooked-to-order breakfast and its all you can eat. We fill up on breakfast in the morning and then usually head to the pier at noon. After we're onboard and settled in, we'll head up to the buffet for lunch.

When and where are you sailing to?

I will definitely check those out -- we love the Hilton family of hotels so the Embassy Suites may work well for us.

We're also sailing out on December 3 on the Majesty of the Seas. Any chance you are on the same ship??? :)

Pat

Looks like we'll be right next to you at the pier. We're actually sailing on Brillance of the Seas for an 11-day to the Panama Canal.

I see that you live in Fairfax, VA. My parents used to own a restaurant in Fairfax and I used to live all over Northern VA (back in my young, single days :p ). I live in Southern Maryland now and commute to McLean every day.

boxer-mommy,

My husband and son will be at the Embassy Suites when you are there (12/2-12/6). I got the room for $40/night through Priceline about 6 weeks ago. I have heard mixed reviews, we'll see. The are going to the Dolphins game and looking for other things to do in Miami.

August 2003 I got the Intercontinental on priceline for 60.00. This was a 4*,

first class hotel. The rooms were gorgeous! I called the hotel after my bid was final and requested a port viewroom and got it with no hassle. It was awesome to be able to see the ships when we awoke the next morning. We were also very close to Bayside Market. Less than a 5 min. walk. We had dinner at Bubba Gump shrimp co. and loved it! Hope you have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived