NCL Gem Room Question---3 people inside room

gnial131

We are booked in room 8625 for a W Med cruise on the Gem. We are booked for 3 people in the room. Our son is 14 years old and tall!! How will the room be arranged to sleep 3 people?

Thanks!

You will have 2 lower beds and the third passenger will sleep in the pullman bunk that folds down from the wall. There is a 4th bed that pulls out from under one of the twins thankfully you will not have to use it. It gets a little tight with all 4 beds made up.

1605692676_3rdBed.jpg.f3380201b22b69e06eece2850ee6fe74.jpg

My sons had an inside room across the hall from us on our Gem cruise. There are the two twin beds, with a small table in between the beds and a pull down bunk bed. So there is a tiny amount of space between the beds. I must tell you though, there was NOT enough room for their suitcases and they really had to use the bunk bed for their clothes. The cabin is really tiny (really only the length of the bed plus another 2' in the main area). I would really hope that the upsell fairy gives you a call. There truely is only enough space for two people.

I would see if you can get any creative tips on what to do with your luggage and clothes.

On the plus side it was a nice cabin, very cozy.

We have travelled 4 in an inside room. Two parents two adult daughters 18 & 20. Yes the rooms are small, yes the space is limited. but we make it work. We utilized every space we could. In fact we rearranged the room had the cabin stewart take away things that were just taking up space. We found plenty of space for the suitcases under the beds. It is amazing what room you find by being a little creative. We also use a shoe organizer hung on the shower door for various toiletries. This realy saves a lot of space in the bathroom.

Bathroom sharing is more a problem than sleeping. I usually buy the thermal pass to the spa which is $75 for the 7 day cruise. Around 5 or 6 in the evening I go there with my bathroom stuff and my dinner clothes. I use the Spa for an hour then shower and get ready in a much nicer place than the cabin. This allows my wife to use the room to get ready.

I was on the GEM in April with 2 adults and 1 tall 6'3 son. We stayed in an outside cabin on deck 5. It was manageable, but very tight for 3 people. We did check out the inside cabins and they were much smaller. My advise to you is check the outside cabin for a price. If its a small difference, I would take the outside. I think the difference is 25 sq. ft. You can check or someone can help us with the exact sq. footage.

My experienced travel agent tried to talk us out of the outside because of the size, forget the inside.

I was on the GEM in April with 2 adults and 1 tall 6'3 son. We stayed in an outside cabin on deck 5. It was manageable, but very tight for 3 people. We did check out the inside cabins and they were much smaller. My advise to you is check the outside cabin for a price. If its a small difference, I would take the outside. I think the difference is 25 sq. ft. You can check or someone can help us with the exact sq. footage.

My experienced travel agent tried to talk us out of the outside because of the size, forget the inside.

Here's the standard cabin sizes for most cabin classifications on the Star, Dawn, Jewel, Jade, Pearl, and Gem (in square feet).

Inside 143

03_strm_sche_inside.gif

Oceanview 161

strm_pam_in_rend.gif

Balcony 167, balcony 38

jwl_sche_ocean.jpg

Mini-Suite 231, balcony 54

03_strm_sche_mini.gif

The inside is small. My husband and I were in an inside on the Gem in February, since we booked late. Its a good thing we don't spend much time in the cabin. Maybe the upsell fairy will get to you. Call NCL and ask to be assigned a personal cruise consultant, maybe he or she can help you.

Archived