Carnival Excursion

vfb2girls

I have a question regarding Carnival sponsered excursion, has anyone ever taken a fishing excursion through Carnival? I am not asking about Alaska but specifically the Carribean? We are cruising on the Legend in November and had thought about doing the cave tubing in Belize but even though everyone says not to worry about using independent tour guides for this excursion both myself and husband are really worried about making it back to the ship and why go on an excursion if all we are going to do is worry. So we talked about fishing instead and since Carnival provides a fishing type excursion in Belize we thought about that. So if anyone has done any type of fishing excursion through Carnival I would like to hear about it. Ship sponsered excursions get such a bad rap all of the time so I wanted to hear any reviews before I considered booking it. Thank you.

I actually did the ship sponsered Cave Tubing excursion last year in Belize, and I had a blast! Did not have to worry about getting back to the ship on time, especially since it was a long excursion. We were able to float around on our own (instead of being linked together). Overall, even if it may be a little more money than the independent tours, I enjoyed the piece of mind.

Yes, we have done two fishing excursions through Carnival, and are planning two more! So, you can see, we really enjoyed them.

Ours were on the Eastern Caribbean, in the Turks Caicos and also HMC. We had such a wonderful time that I planned next summer's cruise around doing them again.

Our most memorable was a bone fishing excursion, my husband was really excited to go. There were only three of us and a guide. We had a fantastic day. LOL, our next one is even starting with a pre-cruise fishing day. Hey, hubby likes to fish, and being able to combine it with a cruise is terrific for me. Yes, I like to fish also, but not to the extent that hubby does.

Thanks for the quick replies, my husband and myself and huge on the fishing and even though we probably would of love to try the cave-tubing I think we will go with a fishing excursion. It is nice to hear though positive reports of the ship sponsered excursions, normally they get such bad reviews that I am afraid to book them. The excursion we are thinking about is only 4 hours of fishing in Belize but that would be fine with us, I am sure even after 4 hours we will be pretty worn out by the hot weather. So if any one else has any reviews please let me know.

Archived