Carnival Legend "Oceans & Islands Club" Review - 06/01/08 (with pics)

CaribbeanKim

The winds were in association with the TS, I take it?

I had winds at 30+ MPH on my cruise for like a day and a half, too. As it was a crosswind, we were rockin'! No storms in my case, though. And I liked it, too... except they closed the deck on Deck 3, my smoke stop right before dinner!

Great pics from the Gala Buffet! I never did go to that.... I wish I did! Thanks for 'taking me there!'

It was our understanding that the TS had hit at the latter part of the previous week, and what we were feeling was NOT from the storm...but who knows! it WAS rockin-a few nights at dinner, but that last night leaving belize! wowowow! we went out on our balcony and the wind-steady at 38 mph, and gusts to 40 was really strong (fun, too, but we were on a protected balcony).

no idea that the upper decks were closed. don't feel so guilty now that i know this-dennis and i walked a few miles every night after dinner-but that night we ate in the supper club, and didn't feel like it! now i know we couldn't anyway!

I may have to snag some of your pictures, too-for my own personal album. my second underwater camera disappeared (along with two sony digital camera chargers)-so we have no pictures of belize!

We also didn't make it to the gala buffet. We had chosen that night to eat in the supper club (although our sons DID get on their suits and go to the dining room!). we were full, full, FULL, and didn't remember about the buffet-i couldn't have eaten a thing, anyway!!!

Kim:

andrew can do some of that food-art stuff. I've seen him in action-kills me every time!...he has 2 friends who specialize in pastries/cakes. The work these little 17 yos do is INCREDIBLE....art instead of food!!!!! I truly believe you have to be half-artist half chef to do that stuff!

will let you know when andrew is creating culinary masterpieces here in GA!

LOL

You're welcome, Kim!

**I changed the pics in the above quote to a larger size**

Too bad I wasn't with you... I smoke Marlboro Lights 100's, also! I didn't see any 100's on the Legend at all when I was on it, not even on the first day! So I bought a carton of Marb Light Kings on the ship for the packaging it was in (the giant pack) then I got a carton of Light 100's on Cozumel in the Duty Free for $21.oo, I think. Ahhhh, Mexico!

The winds were in association with the TS, I take it?

I had winds at 30+ MPH on my cruise for like a day and a half, too. As it was a crosswind, we were rockin'! No storms in my case, though. And I liked it, too... except they closed the deck on Deck 3, my smoke stop right before dinner!

Great pics from the Gala Buffet! I never did go to that.... I wish I did! Thanks for 'taking me there!'

just finished looking thru your album...great pictures.....! i had NO idea there was a mural on the funnel you could see thru the supper club ceiling LOL. will have to go back now to check it out!

big black dick....do i NEED to tell you the field day my sons (18 and 21) had with that statue? of course, they claimed that they were the original BBD, claiming their jamaican heritage LOL. i did accommodate them by taking a picture of them. i actually saw the first statute of BBD and told my husband, "oh stop and wait. i can't WAIT to see the boys' reactions to THIS!" of course, they didn't disappoint!!!

your pictures just made me wish i were sailing again. my friend's son is getting married today (yep, outside wedding, and it's raining here....hmmm, wondering if i should change what i am planning to wear?!?!)-and they are honeymooning tomorrow on the legend.

i hate them LOL. i am giving them the money to go eat in the supper club as a gift!

I enjoyed your review very much...my family and I go on the Legend tomorrow for our first cruise! we are leaving for the airport to head to Tampa a day early in a few minutes but I had to get my last fix of cruise critic. I am hoping to post a review when I come back. Thanks again!!:D

I enjoyed your review very much...my family and I go on the Legend tomorrow for our first cruise! we are leaving for the airport to head to Tampa a day early in a few minutes but I had to get my last fix of cruise critic. I am hoping to post a review when I come back. Thanks again!!:D

Oh, I am sooooooo jealous!! Can I tag along? I can be in Tampa in 8 hours, and I won't take up much room...I promise! I'll even sleep out on the balcony. Seriously - I hope you have wonderful weather and smooth sailing...and please let us know all about it when you return.

Oh, I am sooooooo jealous!! Can I tag along? I can be in Tampa in 8 hours, and I won't take up much room...I promise! I'll even sleep out on the balcony. Seriously - I hope you have wonderful weather and smooth sailing...and please let us know all about it when you return.

I am going to have a really hard time smiling at the newlyweds today at their wedding, knowing that they will be on the Legend tomorrow.....!

just finished looking thru your album...great pictures.....! i had NO idea there was a mural on the funnel you could see thru the supper club ceiling LOL. will have to go back now to check it out!

Thank you!

big black dick....do i NEED to tell you the field day my sons (18 and 21) had with that statue? of course, they claimed that they were the original BBD, claiming their jamaican heritage LOL. i did accommodate them by taking a picture of them. i actually saw the first statute of BBD and told my husband, "oh stop and wait. i can't WAIT to see the boys' reactions to THIS!" of course, they didn't disappoint!!!

Haha! Neither myself nor DH wanted our picture taken with a Big Black Dick!

your pictures just made me wish i were sailing again. my friend's son is getting married today (yep, outside wedding, and it's raining here....hmmm, wondering if i should change what i am planning to wear?!?!)-and they are honeymooning tomorrow on the legend.

i hate them LOL. i am giving them the money to go eat in the supper club as a gift!

I'm jealous, too!

It was our understanding that the TS had hit at the latter part of the previous week, and what we were feeling was NOT from the storm...but who knows! it WAS rockin-a few nights at dinner, but that last night leaving belize! wowowow! we went out on our balcony and the wind-steady at 38 mph, and gusts to 40 was really strong (fun, too, but we were on a protected balcony).

no idea that the upper decks were closed. don't feel so guilty now that i know this-dennis and i walked a few miles every night after dinner-but that night we ate in the supper club, and didn't feel like it! now i know we couldn't anyway!

I may have to snag some of your pictures, too-for my own personal album. my second underwater camera disappeared (along with two sony digital camera chargers)-so we have no pictures of belize!

For me, our winds were out of the East at 30+ MPH the night we left Belize, and again leaving Roatan, especially after Roatan heading back north again! Equal north as Belize, actually... hmmm, winds in that area for 5/4, 5/11, your cruise.... is there something about that area?

You can snag some pics... thanks for asking! :)

Hi Kim!

I'm jealous, too!

For me, our winds were out of the East at 30+ MPH the night we left Belize, and again leaving Roatan, especially after Roatan heading back north again! Equal north as Belize, actually... hmmm, winds in that area for 5/4, 5/11, your cruise.... is there something about that area?

You can snag some pics... thanks for asking! :)

Hi Kim!

I think that tropical storm was probably a tropical depression when you were sailing thru there....then morphed into a tropical storm-we probably got the tail end as it died down (or moved).

My husband said that the ship was truly rockin' one morning around 6-6:30. I slept thru it (probably a good thing!!!)

I had totally forgotten all about our buddy, Big Black Dick. Asked my son whose camera the picture was in.....i have to charge the youngest's battery and pull the pictures off. most of the pictures he took, he claims, are of CARS...skylines, and other cars. (they are car obsessed). will have to add it to my album when i pull it off! (the picture..ooh, that sentence is kind of funky, given the subject of Big Black Dick! bwhahaha).

the newlyweds grabbed us today at the wedding..first question.."Can we sneak our own alcohol on board?" LOL. i told them that they needed to go thru their envelopes...and make sure that when they got on the ship to find one of the two reservation desks to make a res. at that supper club...! they were really excited-and i am excited for them. (still jealous, tho LOL)!!

letsgocruz1...

Oh...we were soooo close! I'm pretty sure that I saw your kids and Leo, now that you described them with the vests and going out to the water trampoline. I really enjoyed watching everyone while they were doing the water balloon toss too...the host kept everyone in good spirits, laughing and having a great time playing in the sun.....and how 'bout those "biddy fiff"!! They weren't very big, but they could leave quite a mark on you! My son still had little teeth marks for a few days after we got home!!

Yes...I can really see myself spending a week in Cozumel on our next vacation! We are already checking into All-Inclusive resorts or vacation rentals. Cozumel is such a colorful, entertaining and inviting city... and it's citizens are warm and friendly.

I fell in love with the unspoiled beauty of Roatan as well, but it isn't nearly as civilized yet. Tourism has just recently "found" that island, but I'm sure that their water, utility and tourism systems will improve drastically within the next couple of years.

Well, I'm off to try to complete my next installment of our cruise so I can get it posted. I will try to have it up for you soon, and hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed being there. :D

Yes, Kim I have totally enjoyed your review. It's been awesome. Let me know what you find out about All inclusives at Cozumel. I may be interested in them myself! (oh and btw...did you see the sale Carrie is offering for the weekend? $55 for beach adventure. You know just the taxi ride alone has to be at least $20 bucks+ each way)

Oh, I love the "biff fiff" story, too. I was LOL at that one! My dd would have had a fit had one of them bit her. I was lounging on a float in the ocean in Destin last summer when one came up and bit my toe. I nearly died. You've never seen one person get out of the water so fast, lol I was thinking, "that's how easy a shark could get me!"

Hey, your review has me seriously thinking of booking the Legend for our family cruise next summer. Its looks wonderful! My kids are so hooked on cruising now, and don't just want to spend the week on a beach like we normally do. Oh well, fine with me!! But, thanks again for sharing your photos and details of your trip. Its so much fun to read through these.

Yes, Kim I have totally enjoyed your review. It's been awesome. Let me know what you find out about All inclusives at Cozumel. I may be interested in them myself! (oh and btw...did you see the sale Carrie is offering for the weekend? $55 for beach adventure. You know just the taxi ride alone has to be at least $20 bucks+ each way)

Oh, I love the "biff fiff" story, too. I was LOL at that one! My dd would have had a fit had one of them bit her. I was lounging on a float in the ocean in Destin last summer when one came up and bit my toe. I nearly died. You've never seen one person get out of the water so fast, lol I was thinking, "that's how easy a shark could get me!"

Hey, your review has me seriously thinking of booking the Legend for our family cruise next summer. Its looks wonderful! My kids are so hooked on cruising now, and don't just want to spend the week on a beach like we normally do. Oh well, fine with me!! But, thanks again for sharing your photos and details of your trip. Its so much fun to read through these.

THANKS for the kind words...glad you are enjoying the review! I have found that writing a detailed review helps you get over the dreaded PCD (Post Cruise Depression) a little bit.

So far, I've found out that most All-Inclusive resorts in the Cozumel area will cost about the same as a cruise for 2 in a balcony stateroom...the only difference is that you stay in one place for the week instead of traveling to different ports daily. My feelings are: cruise first in order to find your ideal vacation spot, and once you find a place you adore...stay there for awhile and get to experience all you can. I like Cozumel because of the people, history & culture, and it has a little of everything for young and old alike to enjoy!

Carrie's tours are the BEST aren't they? I am definately going to use her in the future...and will gladly give her the highest recommendation to anyone. ;)

Archived