Breakfasting on Ventura

CASPALL

Can anyone tell me about breakfast seating in the main restaurant.

Is it the same as the other ships where you are placed at a table with several other people and served at the same time or can you get a table for 2.

We gave up having breakfast in the restaurant on our second or third cruise as we didnt like having to wait for the other diners to eat bowls of fruit, then porrage or cereal before we were served our hot course. The waiters sometimes made you wait until most of the seats at the table were taken before they would take the orders.

Is there another place to have breakfast apart from the self service and main restaurants?

Hi, Can't advise on Ventura (we're on it this September), but have just got back from Oceana. In the past, we've experienced the same as you for breakfast and lunch in the restaurant, but not this time. We were all served as we were seated and did not wait for the table to fill up and received our next course as soon as we'd finished our first. The same at lunch. I'm hoping Ventura has adoped this policy.

:rolleyes:

Hi,

The Beach House and Waterside offer a very good self - service breakfast. Formal restaurants; Saffron, Cinnamon and Bay Tree offer a waiter service, although I did not use these, so I cannot comment. Suites can breakfast at The White Room. Do not forget, you can order the night prior for a continental (Free of charge) or Champagne breakfast to your cabin. Very reliable and great if you are off on a shore excursion and pushed for time.

H

Hi

Back from Ventura cruise yesterday. Re breakfast in the Restaurants, hubby and myself had these quite a few times, and yes you do get parked on large tables, but there is normally no waiting for others to finish etc.

If you have Lunch in the restaurants, you must see the head waiters as you go in the specifically ask for a table for two. We were quite lucky in this regard for the Lunch times, but only once at breakfast did we manage to get a table for two.

Waiter service restaurants were very busy for breakfast and lunch times on this cruise, but we put that down to the bug situation and people avoiding the self service restaurants. Although even these restaurants turned out not to be self service for a few days.

We managed to get our own table in the restaurant for breakfast. They do try to lead you to the large tables, but we found it better to not to walk in with a group, and say straight away to the waiter a small table just for us. They did'nt seem to understand "a table for 2" they would just show you to a large table with 2 free seats. There were more small tables, and the service seemed better in the bay tree. On the one occassion we tried the buffet it was impossible to get a table. People would finish eating, but stil remain at the table.

"A small table just for us" is the way to go then!

I don't mind company later on in the day but do like a quiet breakfast with just my husband to talk to.

The buffet sounds a bit hectic. We've always found it difficult to get a table in the morning on all the ships we've been on.

We loved Aurora where we sat outside overlooking the pool area. Much quieter!

Go for the restaurant breakfasts, we had a couple and it was just sooooo civilised after the Buffet.

We shared, but didn't have to wait for others on our table, although we only once got a table to ourselves.

The menu is different too.

Unfortunately seating outside the buffet is very limited, a bit of a downer for us, but they did have a few more tables outside on our last day, there are also some tables along the windows of the beachcomber pool (the covered one), which are very pleasant first thing and you can avoid the early morning chill.

You have to be in the restaurant before 9.30 if you want a 'waited' breakfast, no lying in bed!!!!

Kate

Archived