Question about complementary internet access for full-suites (CB) for laptops.

DonnaK

My mom booked a full-suite. How does it work if she brings her own laptop? Will she be able to use it in her cabin, or must she bring the laptop down to the internet cafe? What will she need to do to connect the laptop?

I spoke with a Princess representative about this as we are also booked in a VS Suite to Alaska in August and had some of the same questions.

Unlimited internet access is available at no extra charge to Full Suite pax in the Internet Cafe, using Princess computers. However, you would not be able to use a laptop in this Internet Cafe, as they do not have wireless or hard wire hook-ups available.

If your mom wanted to use her laptop, she can purchase a wireless minute plan from Princess once on board and could then use her laptop anywhere in the Atrium area.

Just as a note......Internet access for Full Suite pax is only available in the Grand Suite (which.....would of course be very, very, Sweet!!!! - no pun intended)

Hope that helps and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you - based on this information, she will just use Princess computers and leave her laptop home.

Just as a note......Internet access for Full Suite pax is only available in the Grand Suite (which.....would of course be very, very, Sweet!!!! - no pun intended)

I'm confused. Do you mean in-cabin wireless access is only available in the Grand Suite?

Thank you - based on this information, she will just use Princess computers and leave her laptop home.

I'm confused. Do you mean in-cabin wireless access is only available in the Grand Suite?

I was told that internet access is available for a Full Suite pax in the Grand Suite only.....not sure if it is wireless or hard wired.....but unfortunately, we won't be staying in the Grand Suite......so I may never know that answer.

I really have appreciated the Princess 1-800# staff and their trying to answer these specific questions.......I usually tell them to check it out with the help desk.....which is not fully open on weekends....so try them during Mon-Fri and you can get answers to harder to find questions.

Thanks again! She's not staying in a Grand Suite either.

But other full-suites do have complemetary access on Princess computers in the internet cafe, right? (She booked a Penthouse suite)

Thanks again! She's not staying in a Grand Suite either.

But other full-suites do have complemetary access on Princess computers in the internet cafe, right? (She booked a Penthouse suite)

Yes....that is correct....all Full Suites have complimentary access on Princess computers in the internet cafe.

DONNA,

There is no internet connections that are free for Laptops no matter which category your have booked. Everybody pays.

The advantage of bringing your laptop is that you can download your photos from your digital camera to free up camera memory, as well as composing e-mails offline and then connect for a short time to Send & Receive.

Computers in the Internet Cafe are very slow and, being Elite, I had a lot of free minutes but the frustration & time wasted were not worth it.

There is no wireless connections in the Grand Suites either. We have stayed in a few of them and while they actually have their own computers, our laptop could not pick up a connection. We were on the Golden in April in the Grand Suite and our daughter had her laptop with her. She needed to get some homework done and thought she would see if it would pick up any wireless connection. Got absolutely no wireless connection at all with her Apple computer.

Archived