Docs, luggage tags, oh my!

My first time on RCI in about 18 years...but I printed out or sea passes online after completing the passport and other info for myself and dd. I have been told that they will mail me the luggage tags and other info a couple of weeks before the cruise...lpt

It depends what you chose for delivery method either regular mail or e-docs which is the default. If they are e-docs then you print them out, cover with packing tape and you have a nice strong tag.

If you get e-docs, you will print them out. You really can just cruise with the Set-Sail pass alone without docs, or even just the confirmation number, it will just take a few more minutes to check in.

There are times when I read here about people printing out their luggage tags, cutting them out, laminating and tying to their luggage, but you really don't need to bother with any of that. We've had to get new luggage tags at the dock several times, it's no big deal, they even write the cabin number on the tag for you. I read of people taking pens to write their info, but in reality the only thing the tags at the port vs the ones that are mailed to you is your name and cabin number will be printed on the tag, no other info is on the tag.

Thanks for all the replies.:) Just trying to get as much info as possible since we are straying from what we know! Confidently though I might add. We all are very much looking forward to this cruise. And oh yes, we are always generous tippers whether it be on a cruise or the service industry in general. We definitely want to see our luggage arrive safely to our cabin.:D

Archived