Kids Club on Norwegian Gem

jarjus

Hi, Can anyone give me any info good/bad about the kids club on the Norwegian Gem. My boys will be 6-7 yrs when we sail and wondering if the kids club will be something they will enjoy? I know i've seen activity list for other ships, but i'm looking for one on the 7 night bahama cruise out of NY. What kind of activities do they offer?

Thanks for any input

On our last two NCL cruises, the kid's activities were very similar, so while we haven't been on the Gem, I feel quite confident that you can get a good idea of what to expect here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/546368115pHZSLQ

Just find the age group that your child will be in and check it out. The Gem is very new, so it might have some amenities unavailable on other ships, but the main bits will surely be very similar.

As for whether your particular child will enjoy the kid's crew, I think that will depend on your child and the mix of other children on the ship, but my guess is that there's a pretty slim chance that they won't, unless it's just not their thing. Our daughter was 9 in January and she cried on the last day because she couldn't go back to the kid's crew. :( At the same time, I did see a few kids who were never there (based on how often I saw them elsewhere and not seeing them at the family activities like pizza making). Some kids just aren't interested in organized group activities.

My recommendation is always to take your child to register and have them attend the first evening's activities, because that's when all of the other kids will be there. They will be most likely to find the kids they will want to hang out with that first evening, and they'll get a taste of it and be able to decide if they want to go back. You'll get a sheet listing ALL of the activities for the entire cruise (like the ones at the link above), so you can go over it with your child and they can pick the days they do or do not want to attend. We pack a highlighter so that we can mark off the activities that our daughter doesn't want to miss. January's sheet was VERY pink!! ha ha ha

Enjoy your cruises!! :)

Archived