Kids club

derberg

Hi,

Maybe this thread is better for my question.

My DS 3 yrs old birthday falls on the 3rd day of the 7 day Alaska curise. Do you think they will allow him to be in kid's club on the first day of the cruise so that he won't miss out anything or making friends.

If no, is it difficult for him sign up on the 3rd day of the curise or they will only based on the age on the first day that he in the cruise?

thanks.

Because he will be 3 during your cruise they will take him in the kids program on your first day. They go by how old you child is at the end of the cruise. The only problem is on your personalizer he will show 2 at the time of sailing so I would call and let them know that he will be 3 during the cruise and to be sure the kids program is waiting for you in the cabin.

You may have to wait until you actually board as some of these things I have found are at the discretion of the kids program managers on each ship. I would suggest that you speak with that person on the first day of your cruise and see what they are willing to allow. Generally we have found Princess very strict about the age requirements, but in this case since the age change is falling toward the beginning of the cruise they may be flexible. It will probably work in your favor if your child is fully potty trained before your cruise.

Your child may not be able to participate at all- because the cruise lines consider the child to be the age they are when boarding NOT the age they are when they are at the end of the cruise- as someone mentioned.

Check with Princess.

Your child may not be able to participate at all- because the cruise lines consider the child to be the age they are when boarding NOT the age they are when they are at the end of the cruise- as someone mentioned.

This is my understanding, for Princess and all the other cruise lines we have sailed on. I suggest checking with Princess.

If your child is potty trained and it being Alaska where there are normally less kids sailing than the Caribbean they may allow him to join at the beginning.

I think if you call Princess you will get as many differing responses as you are now. I would go speak to the councellor in charge of the kids club when they have registration as they will be the person making the final decision.

I called princess and they are unable to answer me as they said this is all depends on that cruise policy. They advise me to check when onboard the cruise.

Maybe you can visit one of that upcoming cruise's roll call and ask someone to pose that question for you when they get on board and get back to you.

Archived