Sovereign vs. Fantasy

We love the Sovereign. An older, smaller but wonderful ship. I'm sure the Fantasy is great also, however, the Itinerary of the Sovereign is more appealing, IMHO. Both ships visit Nassau but on the Sovereign you get Coco Cay, it's Freeport with the Fantasy.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas 10/03

I have sailed the Fantasy twice and am about to sail the Sovereign for the second time. The ships and the itineraries are different.

There are pros and cons to each of the ships, it just depends on your preferences. Some of the things to think about are...

if you need a large cabin...go Fantasy

if you are looking for more of a party atmosphere...go Fantasy

if you enjoy a sea day or two on your cruise....go Fantasy

if you are looking for a relaxing cruise atmospshere...go Sovereign

if you are looking for service second to none...go Sovereign

if you are enjoy a beach day at a remote island in the Carribean (CoCo Cay...aka Paradise!)...go Sovereign

just to name a few.............

The ships are about the same age and size...the layouts are quite different, but both are wonderfully maintained ships, with the Fantasy having the most recent makeover.

IMHO, you can't go wrong on either one. Hey, book them both (like we need another reason to cruise) and avoid those post cruise depression symptoms!

Hopes this helps!

Facation Fanatic

Fantasy - 6/02 Bahamas

Fantasy - 12/02 Bahamas

Victory - 9/03 NE/Canada

Sovereign of the Seas - 1/04 Bahamas

Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have een on Sovereign twice. I have not been on Fantasy but I have been on her sister ships Fascination and Inspiration. Sovereign is smaller-inside cabins are smaller but her decor is prettier-Carnival is known for her guady decor. As far as cruises though I loved all-can't say I have a favorite.

This is why I chose Sovereign a second time. (The first time I took her out of Maimi to Nassau, Coco Cay and Keywest)

From Pt. Canavaral Soveign does for 4 day Nassau and Coco Cay-for 3day- Nasau and Coco Cay

Fanasty does for 4 day Nassau and Freeport-for3 day-Nassau- no Freeport

My take is this if I go for 4 days I like Carnival better because you also go to Freeport-but if I choose the 3 day I would pick Sovereign as you get Nassau and Coco Cay-for the 4 day same ittinerary but you also get a day at sea. I just took the 3 day the second time so I went for Sovereign.

But then if you live close by and like to take this cruise often-why not cruise both ships as you get a little more variety that way.

One thing I read too was this fall Fanasty was refurbished.

It has been forever and a day since I was on Fantasy (as you can see I love Carnival ships) however ~ I choose the Sovereign because it goes to Coco Cay for the three day trip. My first time with RCCL and I am really looking forward to it!

Fantasy 11/91

Ecstasy 1/98

Fascination 11/99

Paradise 2/00

Imagination 4/02

Ecstasy 5/03

Paradise 10/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;4;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we leave on the Sovereign

Archived