Sea Grape - Life Jackets for Kids

lindalo5032

Is there anyplace to rent life jackets for kids at Sea Grape?

How deep is the water there? Can you go out a ways before it gets deep?

Do any of you take your own life jackets for the kids? Ours are 6, 8 & 10. I'm thinking it might be a hassle to pack our own.

we were at sea grape in may, i didnt c any kids with rented vest, just what they brought. we were there b4 noon so i dont know if it was high tide, but the water was up to my waist about 10 ft out. seems most kids were hangin onto their parents in deeper water. kinda bouncy water, not rough just alot of movement.

The Red Sail Sports watersports rental at that location has a very limited number of life jackets in children's sizes. Be forewarned that they will not normally rent them out. The life jackets are provided for those renting kayaks, jet skis, etc...

They do, however, rent snorkeling vests. Those may be useful, but they are not the same as a life jacket.

At Sea Grape (and pretty much all of Seven Mile Beach) water drops off fairly quickly to about 8-10ft deep. At Rum Point the water stays quite shallow for about 100 feet off shore.

Tide moves very little in Cayman. 18 inches is about the maximum tidal movement on the most active day of the year. Tidal movements are generally smaller the closer you get to the equator.

The Red Sail Sports watersports rental at that location has a very limited number of life jackets in children's sizes. Be forewarned that they will not normally rent them out. The life jackets are provided for those renting kayaks, jet skis, etc...

They do, however, rent snorkeling vests. Those may be useful, but they are not the same as a life jacket.

At Sea Grape (and pretty much all of Seven Mile Beach) water drops off fairly quickly to about 8-10ft deep. At Rum Point the water stays quite shallow for about 100 feet off shore.

Tide moves very little in Cayman. 18 inches is about the maximum tidal movement on the most active day of the year. Tidal movements are generally smaller the closer you get to the equator.

Are there any beaches with lifeguards? I feel uncomfortable w/o a lifeguard nearby and also to check on the current conditions about possible rip currents, jellyfish and such.

Archived