Meditteranean ports of embarkations - Gem

ta tommy

Is em/disembarkation on the Gem done from each and every port? We'll be embarking from Malta. :confused:

I do not believe they'll allow you to embark in Malta unless you somehow miss the ship in Barcelona and they accept your explanation for not boarding there.

Not sure about other ports. We just got off the June 8 to 15th cruise. Met some nice people from Malta who had just boarded. You will have a great time! We loved the excursion to Cinque de Terre!

Cinque de Terre is on the Livorno Port. We've already been to Florence so we took this tour. It's a group of small villages along the Mediterranean - so quaint, and lovely. We took the NCL shore excursion and we had a great guide. We visited 4 of the villages. Got to the first by bus and then a boat took us from village to village. It's very picturesque and not nearly as crowded or commercial as Nice. I believe it's getting popular to visit due to Rick Steves (the travel guide) writing and reporting on it. It's worth the trip there. I'd love to go back.

Archived