Pearl Questions

striper522

Hello,

We just got home from the Pearl last night (yes, I'll post a review later). I don't know the wattage of the hair dryer, but I would say that it has to be sufficient for almost all hair types. It takes me forever to dry my hair because it is thick, and this hair dryer did the job.

As for the laundry, I would avoid it unless you really feel like you have alot of free time to run back and forth. I did one load, and regretted it. It took over two hours for the clothes to dry, and it wasn't because I hit the wrong setting. Everyone had the same complaint. I'd rather pack some extra clothes than go through that again.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

We just got home from the Pearl last night (yes, I'll post a review later). I don't know the wattage of the hair dryer, but I would say that it has to be sufficient for almost all hair types. It takes me forever to dry my hair because it is thick, and this hair dryer did the job.

As for the laundry, I would avoid it unless you really feel like you have alot of free time to run back and forth. I did one load, and regretted it. It took over two hours for the clothes to dry, and it wasn't because I hit the wrong setting. Everyone had the same complaint. I'd rather pack some extra clothes than go through that again.

I hope this helps.

I SO agree with this. On the Star, there are no laundry facilities, howeverif there were I would still send stuff to laundry. Example.. Two weeks ago we were in Seattle a few days before we boarded the Star. By day three, I think it was, I needed to do laundry. I did two pair of jeans and five polo's and one tropical style $23 or $25 bucks total. Well worth the amout of time it would have taken me to do all of that laundry while on vacation. Their laundry prices really are not that bad compared to hotel prices I have seen, etc.

Last week on the Pearl the $20 "I'm-on-vacation-and-refuse-to-do-laundry" bag special was offered two times. We filled our bag with 2 pair of jeans, 7 shirts, a nightgown and several pair of socks. More would have fit but that was all we had at the time and we thought it was pretty good deal. My cousins filled their bag with lots of their 8-month-old son's clothes and everything came back all pressed and neatly folded. It was sooooo cute!

I always bring my oun blow dryer because motels and ships usually have those very weakly ones. The Pearl actually had a good one in the room and I kept mine packed away.

That was my experience as well. Im very picky about hairdryers and found the one on the Pearl did the job just fine and never used mine at all.

Archived