Dinner on our Balcony-Caribbean Princess

Piperschic

Hi Everyone,

I am getting mixed answers for my next question. Does anyone know if we decide to have a private dinner on our balcony one night; if there's a charge for that? Do you have to pay fpr roomservice in general, or is it free?

Any help is appreciated! :)

The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is $100 for two people. You must make a reservation for this once you get on board (only two dinners are done each night). If you go with room service, it is free, but always tip the person who brings you the food. There is a thread about the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and what it entails. Very, very nice.

Last time on the Grand on the night they served Lobster in the Dining Room we just had the whole dinner delivered to our cabin by room service. We hate the formal nights anyway. Ordered two lobsters each in fact. It was not the level of service that apparently you get with the ultimate thing but it was just fine and cost nothing other than the tip.

[quote name='rferr']Last time on the Grand on the night they served Lobster in the Dining Room we just had the whole dinner delivered to our cabin by room service. We hate the formal nights anyway. Ordered two lobsters each in fact. It was not the level of service that apparently you get with the ultimate thing but it was just fine and cost nothing other than the tip.[/QUOTE]

Did they happen to bring a table cloth??? I have thought about packing a small one for our balcony table for breakfasts/lunches, etc. Or, do you think I could get one from our canin steward??

I'm packing a small tablecloth as well -- Just put it in the suitcase a few minutes ago. I just want to make sure that things will still be nice in case we get shut out of the Ultimate Balcony Dinner reservations. Thanks for the tip about the lobster from room service and formal night.

Dinner on the balcony is a must, especially for a romantic cruise. We asked room service send a copy of the dining room menu to our room then we ordered from it. It was very good, but be sure to be specific and ask for things like sugar, butter, lemon for tea, any condiments, etc. We learned that they will bring only what you ordered. Room service brought the trays to the balcony and helped set them out for dinner. We had a full moon, an aft balcony and a perfect night. Great for port days when you are too tired to dress for dinner.

Swiss

[quote name='jdvmd']I'm packing a small tablecloth as well -- Just put it in the suitcase a few minutes ago. I just want to make sure that things will still be nice in case we get shut out of the Ultimate Balcony Dinner reservations. Thanks for the tip about the lobster from room service and formal night.[/QUOTE]
OK - Bring a table cloth, but you can order one from room service or better yet, have your room steward fetch it for you... I would not bring a lot of extra stuff, you just might regret it when you have to pack in all back up! Take it from one of the most serious over packers!!!!;)

Archived