Transportation from Houston to Galvaston

funcruises

Thinking of taking a cruise out of Galvaston, have never left out of there and have never flow to Texas. I haven't even checked Carniavals cost to bring you to port. What seems to be the best and cheapest way to get there. Will make up my mind if I want to cruise out of there or continue out of FlA.

We are getting a rental car from Enterprise for $99 for a week. Will drive that from Houston to Galveston. That will also allow us to have transportation while we are there. The cheapest other choice we found was www.galvestonlimousineservice.com which was $130 round trip for 2 which isn't bad, but it will be nice to have a car.

It might be a special or something or maybe it has to do with time of year we are going (September--Hurricane Season?) or maybe because we are booking so far in advance??? I'm not sure. It was $99 before all the taxes, etc. $135 total.

September 20. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. But the price (before taxes) with AARP discount (just barely qualify for that but hey...)was like $95 and $135 after all the taxes. That is the same as the cost for the shuttle van we were thinking of using. The economy car was the same price as the full size so we are going for full size. We haven't locked it in yet but hope to do so today in case this is too good to be true.

The $99 must have something to do with it being Friday to Friday. Our plans changed a little and we are flying in on the day we sail instead of day before. When I put new dates in, Saturday thru Friday it showed slightly higher. I think $152 instead of $135 after fees. That is only $20 higher (plus $30 parking @ Lighthouse) than the shuttle we were going to book. This way we'll also have something to drive as we are staying an extra day in Galveston.

Archived