Stateroom question

SMRivera198

Hey I have been comparing prices for the Crown January 18th eastern Caribbean cruise that hubby and I would like to book. I have found some good prices from an online TA website that competes for the lowest prices. However, I haven't been on a cruise in a very long time and I do not know what the category's for each stateroom mean. The two that I keep seeing are BD and BE for our balcony room. Please explain. I'm wondering if the rooms are not so great/obstructed view and that's why they are so inexpensive. Thanks in advance for any help!:D

~Sara

Hey I have been comparing prices for the Crown January 18th eastern Caribbean cruise that hubby and I would like to book. I have found some good prices from an online TA website that competes for the lowest prices. However, I haven't been on a cruise in a very long time and I do not know what the category's for each stateroom mean. The two that I keep seeing are BD and BE for our balcony room. Please explain. I'm wondering if the rooms are not so great/obstructed view and that's why they are so inexpensive. Thanks in advance for any help!:D
The difference is location and balcony size. The cabin size, etc. is exactly the same (although some can accommodate a 3rd and/or 4th person) but the difference in the category and price is the location, i.e., deck and where on the deck. Some locations are perceived as better than others but if you don't mind being towards the fore or aft of the ship, book the lower category. Caribe deck (BA and BB) balconies are much bigger and are half covered/half uncovered.

~Sara

BD balcony is a better location, especially if you get one midship. Not to worry. There is no obstruction.

Pia

thanks for the speedy replies. Is there a website where I can view a chart or something of the like explaining where each stateroom is located? Also, is there a deck/side of ship that feels less motion than others... I don't normally get sea sick but I am a bit worried about hubby. Thanks again!

thanks for the speedy replies. Is there a website where I can view a chart or something of the like explaining where each stateroom is located? Also, is there a deck/side of ship that feels less motion than others... I don't normally get sea sick but I am a bit worried about hubby. Thanks again!

Generally, the lower the deck, the more mid ship, the lesser the motion.

Do a google search on the specific ship you want and just ask for deck plans.

Pia

I do not know what the category's for each stateroom mean. The two that I keep seeing are BD and BE for our balcony room. Please explain. I'm wondering if the rooms are not so great/obstructed view and that's why they are so inexpensive.

BD are mid-ship

BE are either in front or rear of ship.

Great cabins!

Fully covered balconies.

Archived