Millenium - Honolulu to Auckland NZ

DaveM.

Fellow cruisers - has anyone done the Honolulu to Auckland 15 day cruise? We are looking at the Oct. 1009 Millenium cuise, and wanted to know what folks think of this particular cruise. Here is the itenerary, let me know you thoughts!

DaveM.

Datespacer.gif

Port/Cityspacer.gif

Activitycontextual_help_btn2.gifspacer.gif

DescriptionFri, Oct 09

Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii Depart 6:00 PM Sat, Oct 10

Hilo, Hawaii Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM Sun, Oct 11

At Sea Mon, Oct 12

At Sea Tue, Oct 13

At Sea Wed, Oct 14

At Sea Thu, Oct 15

At Sea Fri, Oct 16

Papeete, Tahiti French Poly Docked Arrive 12:00 PM Depart 6:00 PM Sat, Oct 17

Moorea, French Polynesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM Sun, Oct 18

Bora Bora, French Polynesia Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM Mon, Oct 19

At Sea Tue, Oct 20

At Sea Wed, Oct 21

At Sea Thu, Oct 22

International Dateline Cruising Fri, Oct 23

At Sea Sat, Oct 24

Bay Of Islands, New Zealand Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM Sun, Oct 25

Auckland, New Zealand Arrive 7:00 AM

We did this itinerary...but starting in Auckland, and ending in Honolulu. After cruising from Sydney to Auckland for 2 weeks...continuing onto Honolulu via the So. Pacific was wonderful and relaxing. The warm weather and smooth seas were lovely.

Karynanne and Kane - thank you so very much on your replies. Very Helpful! Some people may be asking "why" are we looking at this particular cuise. Recently I reconnected with an old friend in Australia (after 23 years of losing contact). So we want to go down and visit, but airfair is outrages these days. Costing approx. $3600 each RT. But if we fly to Hawaii, take the cruise, fly to Melbourne from Auckland ... and then home. Airfair drops to $1700 each RT. With a $4000 savings on flight, we can get a 15 night cruise and stay in a CC cabin. So, in this day and age, I guess it does pay to recearch your options.

DaveM.

DaveM

I saw earlier that they were offering free flights for those folks doing the B2B from HNL and then on to Australia. Don't know if they still have it going or not but would be worth a call to your TA. We are taking the Jan 4,2009 from Sydney and see that DFW,MCI,Den and ORD are all waitlisted for flights now.

Sounds like we might have a full ship. Hope they can get us all back ok.

Ralph

Karynanne and Kane - thank you so very much on your replies. Very Helpful! Some people may be asking "why" are we looking at this particular cuise. Recently I reconnected with an old friend in Australia (after 23 years of losing contact). So we want to go down and visit, but airfair is outrages these days. Costing approx. $3600 each RT. But if we fly to Hawaii, take the cruise, fly to Melbourne from Auckland ... and then home. Airfair drops to $1700 each RT. With a $4000 savings on flight, we can get a 15 night cruise and stay in a CC cabin. So, in this day and age, I guess it does pay to recearch your options.

DaveM.

We're flying to Australia in Mar 09 for 1500 rt on Cathay P******

Archived