Just Back off golden - Food was dissapointing

StarWarsGal

No questions here. Thanks. Maybe the food will be better after she goes into dry dock. :) We are not picky either really. But ya do want something that taste good.

Maybe a Mod. needs to move this to Princess instead of here in Roll calls.

Just back of the Golden Alaska 6/7-6/14. I an not a picky eater and I like all food (cheap or sexpensive) but the food on the Golden was a let down, but the rest of the cruise was great! Any questions?

I'll take my chances! Not going until Xmas time and can't cancel - got a great price!

Laurie

Just back of the Golden Alaska 6/7-6/14. I an not a picky eater and I like all food (cheap or sexpensive) but the food on the Golden was a let down, but the rest of the cruise was great! Any questions?

We just got off the Golden today, and were with 2 other couples. The food was less than fair. The trip was EXCELLENT, and I will post a full report after I get a few hours of sleep, some of the laundry done, sort through the 600+ jpegs, and get through the mail, but I saw this post, and we all agree completely. The food was really disappointing. We don't go for the food, and really don't eat much differently than when we are home, but the food was a constant source of ho-hum for all 6 of us. Will report fully tomorrow or Monday.:(

I'll take my chances! Not going until Xmas time and can't cancel - got a great price!

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

We are on the same cruise for Christmas. I wouldn't let some of the comments here worry you much. We were just on the Golden in April and I can honestly say the food was the best we have had on any of our cruises on any line. There wasn't one meal I disliked. I have come to the conclusion that food tastes are really subjective, but if you check the vast majority of recent Golden reviews on both the Princess board and the Member review section, you will find that most people have raved about how good the food was. In fact there is a thread on the Princess Board right now from other cruisers just back from the Golden who are saying how great the food was.

Not sure why this thread is in the Roll Call section. I'm surprised the Mods haven't moved it.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the golden on Saturday and all I can say is our meals were great. The buffet was just that, a buffet so the food was pretty much the same every day but our meals in the dining rooms were wonderful. Weather was also perfect. I wore short pants and flip flops with a light jacket every day except for the tracy arm trip where it was cold. Trip was wonderful!

Archived