Bubbie got me worried

twinkle toes

When I lived in Hawaii years ago we never went to the beach without some Adolph's Meat Tenderizer. They said it was the MSG in it that is an antidote. They also told us that urine was an antidote.

I opted for the MSG.

Been to Cococay two times now..one time lots of jellies (9/07) other time none (1/08). They have vinegar spray available at the first aid hut on the island (it's left outside so anyone can get to it without having to talk to someone). I tried to go in the water during the 9/07 stop, but there were just too many jellies for my taste. The 1/08 stop was totally different:D

• 1 month later...
All the jellyfish stings I've had were similar to a mosquito bite, itchy and annoying.

All the jellyfish stings I have had hurt like a burn. Nothing like a mosquito bite. All oceans can have jelly fish, usually when the water is warmer. When we were in Coco Cay there were jellyfish in the snorkling area further out. They were warning people as they went to rent gear about the jellyfish. We still got in the shallow water and had no problem at all. The water is clear so we could see. We snorkled for a little while and decided to not risk a sting and headed back. We had a wonderful time and did not let this ruin our trip. The island is great. We walked along the beach where there were no other people and enjoyed the views.

Archived