Cruise reward purchased April-to be used by Oct 2010

flashdog_1

The itinerary we want will be Canada/New England and the schedule will not be out within one year of our purchase. The rep said to book something for 2009 similar to what we really want for 2010 then change it after the first year to what we really want when that itinerary comes out.

Has anyone done this successfully and without hassles?

For instance, some of the "specials" we see advertised will say for new bookings only (might have an OBC) and if I book now w/NCL and transfer to a cruise agency giving the perk, doesn't sound like I'd be able to get it because it wouldn't be a new booking. However, since I really will not be sailing on the 2009 itineary, I guess it doesn't matter.Aany experience with that?

What's the strategy? To book anything now (since they have my $250 I should be able to use that for my entire deposit since I will not be booking a suite) and then when the new itineraries for 2010 come out, the travel agency will cancel the first make believe booking and I then become a "new booking" with perks, for the 2010 sailing? Thanks. I don't want to screw this up!

Well, several hours after I posted the first thread, I received a call from NCL in response to my email to Berlin Adkins which asked the same questions I asked here.

The answer was that if you book more than once (the make believe cruise in order to book within one year being the first) you will lose your future cruise credit because it was "spent" on the first reservation! So what I was told on the ship was not what is so. Please disregard what I told you in post #1!

They will work with you until you find just what you want, and will probably get a notice reminding you that your one year time frame is closing so that you will not lose it.

Archived