"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

I booked a stateroom on the starboard side for our 9/27 cruise. I'm wondering if port side would be better since I like to see what's going on on land. BUT, it's also nice to look out at the beautiful blue water & there's a possibility the Majesty might dock in the other direction. Radio and other Majesty cruisers, what are you thoughts on this?:confused:

When we went through the cut on the old Crown back in 06

their was lots of people standing there waving with him....We

were told they are the locals welcoming us in...

(I cant believe the old man is still doing this after we saw

him in 06)

Radio, does he still yell "WELCOME TO BERMUDA" "WELCOME"???

He sure does, as did many of the others that came out to watch the Majesty sail through the cut.

I booked a stateroom on the starboard side for our 9/27 cruise. I'm wondering if port side would be better since I like to see what's going on on land. BUT, it's also nice to look out at the beautiful blue water & there's a possibility the Majesty might dock in the other direction. Radio and other Majesty cruisers, what are you thoughts on this?:confused:

I usually check the Majesty on the live St. George web cam and she has been docked port side everytime.

We docked with the port side to shore. And, like iheart, any time I've seen her on the webcam, she's been docked with the port side to shore. Either way, the view will be nice. Besides, you probably won't spend much time in the stateroom while you're in Bermuda anyway. Have a great cruise!

We will be cruising in Oct on the Majesty and have an outside cabin on deck 8. I would like to know if the cabins are really really small. It really doesn't matter cause I'm going anyway but just curious. Thanks for any info

We will be cruising in Oct on the Majesty and have an outside cabin on deck 8. I would like to know if the cabins are really really small. It really doesn't matter cause I'm going anyway but just curious. Thanks for any info

Do you have a superior OV or a regular OV? I think the superior is 139 sq. ft and the regular is 108 sq. ft.

Although it was a different deck a regular OV could look like this.;) I'm 5"3".

Friend and I made out fine, but I booked the larger one this time with DH.:)

IMG_0849.jpg.db67fd7d806a1bc02a79974209d5eea8.jpg

We had a Deck 8 cabin last May. Yes, it's really, really small. If DH wanted to move around the cabin, I had to sit on my bed out of the way and vice versa. (However, I didn't think the bathroom was noticeably smaller than those on many other ships we've been on.) But, we didn't spend that much time in the cabin, so it wasn't a big deal. Enjoy!

Thanks all for the cabin info. I'm still going to have a great time, just not in the cabin. Oh DH didn't like that LOL;)

How much space does he need for a good time?

I remember a Carman Ghia from a few years back......:p

Well it WAS a convertible.:D

How much space does he need for a good time?

I remember a Karmann Ghia from a few years back......:p

Well it WAS a convertible.:D

Information required:..[.]

Information delivered:.[..............................................]

<giggle>

I seem to have a similar memory, except mine was a Datsun 240. Not a convertible either...

Here are 2 nice maps I posted on our roll Call thread for Majesty. . . .

Plus a couple more I didn't post. . .

Radio

St George's Map

BDASTG8.jpg

Royal Naval Dockyard

BDAMAP6.jpg

View from my window, on Deck 7 across the Promenade Deck

(St George's Harbor)

W26.jpg

Nice Port Holes in the Bathrooms :o

(Deck 8 FWD, next to Bodywaves Spa)

MON8.jpg

I will be very happy when the new Pier is finished in April '09.

Here are some Drawings, and Renderings of the new Pier.(As well as some current Radio Pics)

I read that it is mostly done now, except for the

Passenger Terminals (which are being constructed now)

Radio

:rolleyes:

New Cruise Pier (Scheduled to be Completed April 2009)

BDAPIER.jpg

Map of how the NEW pier will look from above

BDAPIER2.jpg

Artist Rendering of New Pier

BDAPIER3.jpg

New Dockyard Pier (JUNE 08)

T14.jpg

New Passenger Terminal on New Dockyard Pier being contructed (JUNE 08)

T12.jpg

Wow, those artist's drawings of the new pier are great. Thanks!

Radio, (or other Majesty cruisers), what sorts of books does the library aboard stock? Bestsellers (how old?) , classics, any sci fi? Trusting their library would help me travel light, but the NCL cruise consultants could tell me nothing.

Radio, I so appreciated the quality of your video, even more now that we have returned from the 7/5 sailing. >SNIP<

By the way, I smiled at the sloshing of the pool water in your video from the rough seas you had, which turned out to be worse than anything we experienced. >SNIP<

Sue

Thanks, Sue for the very nice comments !

I was able to post all of the Menu's, and Freestyle Daily's. . . .

They can be viewed HERE.

I sent many of my Cabin Photos to the CruiseStaterooms Web site, and they bought all of them !

I am so glad your cruise was great !

Thanks again for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just got off the Majesty yesterday and we had a standard outside room and it was tiny with a capital T! It was worse because we had the beds pushed together and you had to get into bed by crawling from the bottom if you were on the left side (up against the wall on the side and the desk at the bottom) and if you were on the right side, you had to climb over the edge of the bed because the corner is up against the closet! If the beds are separated, you at least have a path between them. If you have a standard room, upgrade now if you can.

Just got off the Majesty yesterday and we had a standard outside room and it was tiny with a capital T! >SNIP< If you have a standard room, upgrade now if you can.

Sorry to hear that. . What deck were you on !

How was your cruise ?

Radio

Sorry to hear that. . What deck were you on !

How was your cruise ?

Radio

Hi Radio! The trip was very nice. We were on deck 3 midship, which turned out to be a good spot as it was a very rough ride both to and from Bermuda. It was also very easy to walk to deck 5 for dinner, etc. We were delayed until Tues. so we had 3 full days on the ship and we were rocking! Many sick folks. But the weather was great..sunny and hot the entire time. We never hit bad weather as Bertha hit Mon. afternoon. We got in about 6:30 on Tues. (the pilot boarded the ship right outside our window!) and the weather in Bermuda was perfect for the two days. Hamilton turned out to be great as we were the only ship there and no one was in St. Georges until late afternoon on Tues. when the Dream came in so we had St. Georges to ourselves all day! We left in beautiful weather on Thursday and continued with the rough ride. Friday was the only calm day but by then I think everyone was used to the motion! I'm going to write my own review soon and I want you to know how much I enjoyed your posts!

The pictures have made it so great to DREAM about my Sept Majesty trip

thank you Radio

Mew1

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I may be doing another "LIVE" post

this November. . .(Norwegian SKY)

Radio

Radio,

I hope you do, the Sky to the Bahamas is the next one I was looking at, a nice three day get away. Your photos and reports are a wonderful way to start planning and dreaming. You take great pictures, are you a professional photographer? I love the Majesty sign with the sun set. You should enter your photos in a contest if you are an amiture (sp)

Thanks again, Got to go dream again,

Mary:)

Radio,

I hope you do, the Sky to the Bahamas is the next one I was looking at, a nice three day get away. Your photos and reports are a wonderful way to start planning and dreaming. You take great pictures, are you a professional photographer? I love the Majesty sign with the sun set. You should enter your photos in a contest if you are an amiture (sp)

Thanks again, Got to go dream again,

Mary:)

Thanks Mary. . . Things are up and down. . .I am not sure about the Sky, yet. I may sail on NCL Dawn sooner. . .

I will know for sure in a couple of days ;)

Radio

Just got off the Majesty yesterday and we had a standard outside room and it was tiny with a capital T! It was worse because we had the beds pushed together and you had to get into bed by crawling from the bottom if you were on the left side (up against the wall on the side and the desk at the bottom) and if you were on the right side, you had to climb over the edge of the bed because the corner is up against the closet! If the beds are separated, you at least have a path between them. If you have a standard room, upgrade now if you can.

What Cabin Cat or room Number where you in ???? Your review stated a C3 ???

Archived