Caribbean weather May v. November

Where in the Caribbean? All of the places I've gone have been pretty constant in temperature. If you know which ports, you can "google" them for year round weather. I don't think you'll see much change. It's always warm.

I have cruised in the Carib. 3 times in Nov. I went to St. Thomas 2x, Tortola, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Princess Cay, Labadee, Nassau, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The weather was fantastic all 3 times. Great snorkeling, sunny, light breezes. Hurricane season was over.

I've cruised in Carib. 2x in March. The water and weather was great then also.

Have a wonderful time.

I have cruised in the Carib. 3 times in Nov. I went to St. Thomas 2x, Tortola, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Princess Cay, Labadee, Nassau, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The weather was fantastic all 3 times. Great snorkeling, sunny, light breezes. Hurricane season was over.

I've cruised in Carib. 2x in March. The water and weather was great then also.

Have a wonderful time.

When is hurricane season over? I thought it wasn't until the end of November?

Bill

officially, hurricane season is June through November...you almost never will see hurricanes as early as June or even July, nor as late as November or even October...they are concentrated in August and September with some activity maybe in late July or early October

officially, hurricane season is June through November...you almost never will see hurricanes as early as June or even July, nor as late as November or even October...they are concentrated in August and September with some activity maybe in late July or early October

Tell that to my homeowners insurance company!!! The four hurricanes that raised my rates were all in that time frame.

Was it unusual? yes. Does it happen? yes. Will it happen again? Geez, I hope not.

We don't cruise during hurricane season for a different reason. We don't book during that time in case we need to be home to take care of things.

Now, that was off topic, sorry. On topic, we find the weather pretty comparable in April/May and Nov/Dec on the caribbean sailings:)

I cruised the last week of Nov. twice and once during the second week. I should have been more specific hurricane season is VIRTUALLY over in Nov.

Balcony Bound, I'm sorry to hear your house was damaged four times during unlikely times. We all remember 2005 when the "bad" hurricane season started in July and kept on going so that all of the a to z names were used. How many times was you home hit in 2005?

On the Sept. 2004, Canada/New England cruise I took there was a couple from Florida. Their home had received water surge damage before they left for the cruise. Then while on the cruise their house was hit again. Was 2004 a bad year for you also?

OP I hope this hurricane discussion doesn't scare you and you will put it out of your mind and concentrate on all of the fun you will have.

Archived