Destiny questions..Leaving sunday 10/17

Kristin6378

Hi I am cruising for the first time with my new husband and I had a few questions about Destiny. We are leaving this sunday and we want to do 2 shore excursions, snorkeling for one. So I wanted to know which island has the best snorkeling? And does anyone else have any ideas of what to do for our second excursion? Also which islands have the best shopping? the islands we are going to are St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba. Any help would be greatly appreciated......Thank you

Hi Kristin6378

I just got off the Destiny almost 2 weeks ago now! We went snorkeling while in Dominica..did the Champagne Snorkle tour.....it was good but I wouldnt recommend it. There is better snorkeling in St. Thomas/St. John, but I think (but not from experience) that Aruba has the best snorkeling. Someone correct me if I am wrong! St. Thomas will have the best shopping for you also. Dominica was the only island that we took organized tours...the snorkeling one and we did the rainforest/emerald pool tour. The rainforest tour was good also, Dominica is a beautiful island and you really get to see the island on this tour. In St. Thomas we went on our own to St. Johns and spent time at both Cinnamon Bay and Trunk Bay. Skip Cinnamon and stay at Trunk Bay if you go!!! In Barbados we took a cab to The Boatyard and spent the whole day there until just after sunset, although I know the place gets hoppin' after dark (kind of like a Carlo's and Charlies) Finally in Aruba, we had the most awesome day! We rented our own 4x4 Jeep and drove around the island and explored on our own. What an experience! I would highly recommend it! However, word of caution...we did get lost occasionally driving around the island, the maps dont have street/highway names so you kind of go by sight. Never did we feel like we were in a bad area or threatened, but if you are uncomfortable being lost in a foreign place you may want to think twice. But if you do do this (and there are a lot of people who do rent their own) you will have an experience that you'll never forget. Sorry to ramble on...hope this helps a bit

Archived