Cannes-Tendering

I apologize for the earlier "blank" postings on this subject. I don't know why that happened.

In any event, I was wondering if anyone can relate their experience with tendering in Cannes, in terms of how smoothly it runs and when a person can estimate to be ashore after the ship drops anchor? Also, is there heavy traffic around the port that might impact the return to the ship?

We are on the Carnival Freedom, which has a stop in Cannes. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 9 a.m. and depart at 8 p.m. A Carnival rep told me that in Cannes pax are expected back on the ship by 7 p.m., and that Carnival gives priority debarkation to pax w/ reservations on its shore excursions.

Our slight dilemma is that we would like to keep a private tour that we booked when the ship was scheduled to dock in Monaco but now that the itinerary has changed we are concerned that we would not get ashore until late morning and, thus, might not have the full 8 hours to explore via the private tour.

We are wondering if, perhaps, this might be a port where it is best to opt for a ship-sponsored excursion just to get the most out of the day and for peace of mind w/ the return (even though we may be losing the flexibility of a private tour)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am not sure about your question. I am taking Carnival Splendor and stopping in Cannes and opted for the ship excursion for this reason. Good Luck and have a fun cruise!

I apologize for the earlier "blank" postings on this subject. I don't know why that happened.

In any event, I was wondering if anyone can relate their experience with tendering in Cannes, in terms of how smoothly it runs and when a person can estimate to be ashore after the ship drops anchor? Also, is there heavy traffic around the port that might impact the return to the ship?

We are on the Carnival Freedom, which has a stop in Cannes. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 9 a.m. and depart at 8 p.m. A Carnival rep told me that in Cannes pax are expected back on the ship by 7 p.m., and that Carnival gives priority debarkation to pax w/ reservations on its shore excursions.

Our slight dilemma is that we would like to keep a private tour that we booked when the ship was scheduled to dock in Monaco but now that the itinerary has changed we are concerned that we would not get ashore until late morning and, thus, might not have the full 8 hours to explore via the private tour.

We are wondering if, perhaps, this might be a port where it is best to opt for a ship-sponsored excursion just to get the most out of the day and for peace of mind w/ the return (even though we may be losing the flexibility of a private tour)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just back from our cruise 2 weeks ago. Tendering was a bit unorganized for those of us not on a Carnival Excursion. Was not told how or where to get our tickets. We waited by the purser's desk and followed others till we found someone handing them out. Even with this delay, we were off the ship about 1/2 hr after they began tendering. Our tour guide was at the port waiting for us. The tender boats were huge so many got off at once.

Archived