To tube or not to tube that is the question.

VacaCrazy

My family will be visiting Belize in a couple of weeks. I heard mixed reviews about the tubing.

• I heard the bus ride is long
  • lost of people especially if you book through your ship
  • the water can be low
  • millions of tubes

But I also heard its a ton of fun and the only adventurous thing to do in Belize.

Are these things true? and if so what else is there to do in Belize.

Thanks

My family will be visiting Belize in a couple of weeks. I heard mixed reviews about the tubing.

• the water can be low
  • millions of tubes

But I also heard its a ton of fun and the only adventurous thing to do in Belize.

Thanks

The bus ride is long, but our guides spoke about the country and the history of Belize, so time went by fast.

We booked thru Carnival and I disagree with people getting lost in the caves. We had 2 tour guides one always stayed in the front of the tour and one was at the end of the tour. They were VERY helpful!

As far as tons of tubes in the caves we only saw 1 other tour (while on the tour) we ran into them on the walk to the caves. Peter our group leader allowed them to pass because they were from a .com tour group and had a time limit to be back to the ship.

The water can be low, but last week it was not. We did have to do 'butts up' in a few places.

If you have any more questions, let me know!

Although the ride to the caves is a bit long, the scenery is beautiful and if your tour guide is good, they ill tell you about a little history of Belize. On our tour, there was only about 16 people so the crowd was not too bad and when in the caves the water level was not to low and did not have to do the "butts up" as we have had to do in the past. It was a blast and we are going to do it again and combine it with ziplining too.

If you have never done this, you need to try it. This is one of the few places where you can cavetube. It would be a shame to never have the opportunity to do again. Ask yourself, "Will I ever be back?"

I wanted to do this last year but wasn't feeling my best so we cancelled. I want to schedule to do it this September. Does anyone know if they have different sized tubes? We are large ppl and would need larger tubes if possible.

When is the low water period? We are going in September how will the water level be then?

My husband and myself have also gone round and around on this issue deciding if we want to go cave tubing or not and we finally decided to go fishing instead. As much as cave tubing sounds fun and something really different the two of us really love to fish and for us we will never have the opportunity to be able to fish in this part of the world again.

• the water can be low
  • millions of tubes

Thanks

Yes and no.

- Yes, the bus ride is long, but any Beize excusions require a long bus ride.

- No, people do not get lost. However they may get separated temporarily

from the group which makes some people nervous, especially children.

Note: Most of the private vendors take very good care of children.

- Yes, the water can be low, but it also can be high (like last week.) It all

depends on the amount of rain they had.

- Yes, tubing is very popular. How crowded depends on how many ships

are in port.

- Yes, it is fun, but there are other adventurous things to do too like zip

lining. You could also vist Mayan ruins, snorkel, snorkel with sharks, go

horseback riding, etc.

Sorry folks,

I disagree with tubing in Belize. The tour to go on is going golfing at Caye chapel. It is paradise and you get to play golf at a beautiful golf course. When

I was on the Glory we flew into Caye Chapel, what more can you ask for. A plane ride, a beautiful golf course and you are in heaven(literally). Caye Chapel is a beautiful oasis just off the coast of Belize.

Archived