Carnival Snorkeling Excursion

nikken79

I will be onboard the Inspiration on July 5. I am trying to pick something to do in Grand Cayman my DD, DH, and I would like to go snorkeling. I am trying to see if it would be wise of me to book a snorkeling trip with the cruiseline rather than independently due to the short amount of time the boat is docked in Grand Cayman 7-2. I have checked around and besides being possibly less crowded there is not much of a price difference booking through Carnival vice independently maybe equal or 5 dollars more. If someone could give me a little advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I know there have been other posters who were in the same situation as you are with the time constraints. I would book whatever snorkeling excursion that's the earliest in the morning that you can do. If you can get back to the port area early enough, you might have time for lunch and a little shopping time, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I did take a look at the Carnival site, and they are offering all sorts of nice excursions. Carnival has a Stingray Sandbar and Rum Point excursion. Rum Point is beautiful! It's very tropical and they have a nice little beach restaurant there.

There's also a Stingray Sandbar excursion that includes an island tour (Hell & the turtle farm). That's always fun. We did that on our first time there. If you decide to do either of these, I'd book them in advance, especially the one that goes to Rum Point.

Before I booked a tour with a private operator, I'd find out how the time works on your ship. That time of year, ship time and island time may be off an hour. If that's the case, ship time may be 7:00, and island time will be 6:00. But it's best to find out what the Inspiration will do concerning time. When we were on the Triumph, we were told to keep our watches on ship time.

Archived