Tahitian Princess

judyellen

I would prefer a mid to mid-aft cabin with balcony on this smaller size ship. I have traveled on 4 trips on this ship and it can move around a bit when the seas are rough. We usually book the BC cabins on deck 7. This year the number will be 7024. Some prefer the starboard side for port and island viewing, but the port works for me.

If you are unsure of your sea legs and sea sickness levels, I would stay on deck 7 or lower to minimize the ship's motion.

Had a mini-suite on deck 8 once and it had lots of room and a bathtub. Great spot for the boat building contest entree construction on our trans-Pacific trip.

John

[quote name='starsjohn']I would prefer a mid to mid-aft cabin with balcony on this smaller size ship. I have traveled on 4 trips on this ship and it can move around a bit when the seas are rough. We usually book the BC cabins on deck 7. This year the number will be 7024. Some prefer the starboard side for port and island viewing, but the port works for me.

If you are unsure of your sea legs and sea sickness levels, I would stay on deck 7 or lower to minimize the ship's motion.

Had a mini-suite on deck 8 once and it had lots of room and a bathtub. Great spot for the boat building contest entree construction on our trans-Pacific trip.

John[/QUOTE]Thanks for the input! Haven't cruised since 1980; this'll be cruise #5 but don't know about my sealegs; should I choose deck 8 mini-suite?

Tahitimama2001- Hi! I am going to be cruising with the TP on August 2, 04 and noticed that you have been to Tahiti several times. Any suggestions? I am traveling solo, like to explore, read, sit, learn new things, and meet people. I am confident that everthing will work out for my travels, but as I am a 'planner', I will worry until I get there. Oh, I am traveling guaranteed share.:eek:

We were in 8005 and very rarely felt any movement. It was a beautiful ship - the room was huge (compared to most) and the bathroom had a tub.

You will have a wonderful time - check out all the posts on here to make your plans. If you still have time, try to book a two or three day pre-cruise - we did it at the Sheraton, and it made all the difference in terms of getting used to the time change and getting to know Tahiti.

Hi! I'm new to these Boards and still unsure of where to type and click, but I'm getting a lot of info somehow! So the consensus seems to be that if you get a chance to get an upgrade to an OS on the TP, do it, even tho there's more motion and the view isn't as good???

no1dragn,you made the right decision when you picked this destination. It is totally beautiful and so peaceful. There are many different reports on this board, just type in Tahiti or Tahitian Princess in the search. If you are more specific in what you'd like to do, please feel free to ask, Tahiti and her Islands are by far my favorite destination. Gee, your going solo, I wish I could be your roomate(I don't think my husband would let me go without him). How exactly does Princess pick roomates? Do they have a questionare, like a dating service to match people up? I have a single friend who would like to travel, she can never find someone to go with her. Anyhow, I hope I can help you with your questions. Ask away!

Tahitimama-I check the boards every couple of days...just to get ideas and yes, to dream of my cruise. From what I understand on room-mates, TP assigns according to age group. As I will be celebrating my 42nd birthday on embarkation day, I stressed to by TA that a 20 something would probably not be a good idea! She assured me that an appropriate aged (icky word that is) lady if traveling alone could be assigned to my cabin.:rolleyes:

I changed my Tahitian Princess sailing date to May 14 '05 because some friends are joining me, so I'm going to start a roll call, unless someone else has; can't find one. Didn't learn how to use a computer till I retired so who knows where this will show up!!! Anyhoo, I plan to stay at the ICB in Papetee for two days prior; taking the midnite flight out of LAX. How do you lug your luggage to ATN from domestic gate? (Am flying from Denver) (Go Broncos) Is the ICB surprised at guests who arrive at 7 in the morning?? And thanks to "MennisDiller" for his long and informative review; are you perchance the Dennis Miller celebrity? You write and sound like him.
So, if anyone is sailing on May 14, you're invited to my cabin for cocktails and canapes.More latah and stay tuned.

Archived