Journey 14/08 Docking

pgstan

Can anyone from the May sailing help me with dock locations or proximity to the towns/cities of Cherbourg, La Rochelle and Valecia.

I understand the ship docks near the downtown in the cities of Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Almeria and Lisbon

Also any info re local guides for all ports except Copenhagen and Barcelona would be helpful.

Thanks Gerry

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Cruise Critic Members I found my answers on the "Journey" roll call boards.

Should you be a Cruise Critic member and new to Azamara there is a web site you can go to to register for the CC party on the 14/08 sailing.

You register from the Azamara website as follows:

1. Click on "Before You Cruise"

2. Click on FAQ Subjects on right side of screen

3. Click on "Cruise Critic Connections"

4. Click on "How to Register for a Party"

Twenty five people need to sign up for the party, which allows us to meet one another, ask questions of ship's personnel and has free food and drinks. Right now there are twenty two people signed up, so its up to you to decide if you want to do this or not. But I see it as a fun way to meet the people who have taken the time to post on this roll call or on the boards.

Gerry

Can anyone from the May sailing help me with dock locations or proximity to the towns/cities of Cherbourg, La Rochelle and Valecia.

I understand the ship docks near the downtown in the cities of Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Almeria and Lisbon

Also any info re local guides for all ports except Copenhagen and Barcelona would be helpful.

Thanks Gerry

On the May sailing of Journey Western Europe, Cherbourg was not one of the ports. Also, there was a fisherman's strike, so the ship skipped the port of La Rochelle. For Valencia, there was a shuttle bus service running every 30 minutes or so from the ship to city center. You could buy the shuttle tickets from the shuttle hostess or avoid the line and pre-purchase them and have them delivered to your cabin the night before. francophile2

Archived