Just off Grandeur on Sunday

We just came back from the 9 day Canada/New Englad cruise out of Norfolk VA on Grandeur. The ship was great, crew was awesome and ports pretty good. We were in Boston for the Celtics NBA Championship parade, so that was cool.

If there are any questions about the ship or otherwise, Id be happy to answer!:D

We just came back from the 9 day Canada/New Englad cruise out of Norfolk VA on Grandeur. The ship was great, crew was awesome and ports pretty good. We were in Boston for the Celtics NBA Championship parade, so that was cool.

If there are any questions about the ship or otherwise, Id be happy to answer!:D

How was your weather at the various ports? We leave a week from tomorrow!

How was your weather at the various ports? We leave a week from tomorrow!

The weather was actually pretty nice but quite a different cruise experience for me since I have only cruised to the Caribbean.

Norfolk was rather warm but with a nice breeze, as we stayed at a hotel on the water.

Bar Harbor was a very beautiful port but a bit foggy and chilly - especially the tender ride to the dock (but I didnt sit on the top of the tender which is open). I had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt - it was probably in the high 50's.

St John was beautiful - sunny and really nice. Low 60's.

Halifax was nice - breezy and cool, then the sun came out a bit later in which it maybe hit 60. The at sea day from Halifax to Boston was all fog, we could barely see the water all day long. Kind of strange!

Boston was GORGEOUS - sunny and beautiful. Felt like a fall day!

I wore jeans and sweatshirts most of the cruise but it was a very welcome change from the heat and sunburn from the Caribbean.

Have a great time!

The weather was actually pretty nice but quite a different cruise experience for me since I have only cruised to the Caribbean.

Norfolk was rather warm but with a nice breeze, as we stayed at a hotel on the water.

Bar Harbor was a very beautiful port but a bit foggy and chilly - especially the tender ride to the dock (but I didnt sit on the top of the tender which is open). I had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt - it was probably in the high 50's.

St John was beautiful - sunny and really nice. Low 60's.

Halifax was nice - breezy and cool, then the sun came out a bit later in which it maybe hit 60. The at sea day from Halifax to Boston was all fog, we could barely see the water all day long. Kind of strange!

Boston was GORGEOUS - sunny and beautiful. Felt like a fall day!

I wore jeans and sweatshirts most of the cruise but it was a very welcome change from the heat and sunburn from the Caribbean.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the response.:) I guess I'll throw in some jeans and sweatshirts.

I run chilly and was glad for my sweater in all ports except Boston (like rocket said, it was absolutely beautiful) Sweatshirt sales were booming in Bar Harbor and Saint John. My husband ended up sending pants out to the laundry (even though he did buy a kilt in Halifax and wore it to dinner one night).

Archived